Machine Operator Laminator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hi-Tech Foam Products is looking to fill a Machine Operator position in Lamination at our production facility just east of downtown Indianapolis. This person will be trained on how to set up and run the lamination equipment. Lamination takes rolls or sheets of foam and bonds an adhesive to the foam. The operator will enter job settings such as speed, pressure, and temperature and perform quality checks as needed.
General responsibilities are listed below, but other duties may be assigned based on the needs of the department.
- Learn to set up and operate lamination machines
- Load material on the machines, create product per instructions, and remove product from machines
- Create laminated sheets and rolls using instructions listed in production work orders
- Input machine settings such as speed, pressure, and heat; must be able to convert between feet and inches
- Perform quality inspections by using tape measures, thickness gauges, and visual inspection
- Keep track of how much material is produced and record on the work order
- Keep track of time spent running an order and enter time into computer system
- Work with inventory control to return material or request more material if needed
- Communicate problems with material, machines, etc to the team lead
- High School diploma/GED and previous manufacturing experience
- Math skills – add, subtract, multiply, divide, and conversions
- Experience running industrial machinery is a plus
- Employee will primarily be standing/walking on the shop floor
- This position requires lifting, loading, and unloading of foam and adhesive materials
- Employee must be able to occasionally get underneath the machine for setup and troubleshooting
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Facility is climate controlled
Hi-Tech Foam ProductsWhy Work Here?
Hi-Tech Foam is a growing company that still maintains a small business atmosphere and prioritizes its employees.
Hi-Tech Foam is a fabricator of technical foams located in Indianapolis, Indiana. We continue to expand in the industries of aerospace, defense, automotive, medical, and appliance. We are always looking for qualified candidates to help grow our team as we continue to meet our customer expectations. Even as we grow, it is important to us that we maintain the atmosphere of a smaller company that prioritizes its employees. We offer a complete benefits package and currently run one shift from 7am-3:30pm.
550 Bell StreetIndianapolis, IN