Hoist & Crane Planner/Service Coordinator
Hi-Speed Industrial Service Millington, TN
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Description: Hoist & Crane Planner/Service Coordinator
The Hoist & Crane Planner/Service Coordinator is a task-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, continually changing environment. The Hoist & Crane Planner/Service Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling and managing the day-to-day activities of technical field service personnel as well as managing relationships of outside contractors necessary to complete jobs/projects in the field. The ability to pre-plan and think ahead while also being able to quickly adapt to changing circumstances is essential. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization. Written, verbal and electronic skills are essential as at least half of this role requires ability to use planning, scheduling and routing software/technology. Working knowledge of industrial equipment and/or experience in coordination of technical field service personnel is a "plus." Attention to detail and a high level of customer service are standard practices at this company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the scheduling and dispatching of field service representatives.
- Effectively, efficiently and profitably schedule the day to day activities of service technicians as well as negotiate third party providers if a technician is not available.
- Optimize call schedules to minimize expense.
- Collaborate with other coordinators to optimize labor utilization
- Monitor online GPS technician management software to ensure timely arrival/departure & coordinate with customer and additional staff.
- Work with the Service Technicians on the sourcing of parts and coordination/expediting to job sites.
- Respond to major contracted customers with daily service call updates and tracking information as requested.
- Work with administrative team to maintain CRM service call dispatching and tracking system.
- Execute daily processes to ensure quality control.
- Timely assignment and follow up of work orders and job data to contract drivers.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure information is executed timely and correctly.
Fast-paced office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise and the like. This job requires majority of time spent communicating with Management, customers and technicians by telephone, email and other business technology.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Engineering degree required (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical)
- Experience in the cartage transportation industry or service industry with at least three years in operations and dispatch.
- Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Solid communication skills including written and verbal.
- Must be highly computer literate and have basic to intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs such as word and excel. In addition, working knowledge of an e-mail system is necessary.
- Assessment will be administered during interview process
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and recall past information
- Familiarity with geography of the region in which operations are conducted