R&D Electrical Engineering SR Manager / Director - $155k+
- Expired: February 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a R&D Electrical Engineering Sr. Manager/Director to support a medical device group in Salt Lake City, UT.
*Level of position offered will be dependent upon the final candidate's skills and experience.
Relocation assistance available!
This position will be responsible for the Center Of Excellence (COE) for Electrical Engineering function for all the Infusion systems and accessories for various regulated markets.
- Center of Excellence (COE) owner for the Electrical Engineering function
- Responsible for monitoring the current and upcoming standards, processes and trainings related to the COE (FDA/CE/ISO etc.)
- Responsible for best practices, deliverables and quality
- Responsible for COE related strategic partnerships and contractors
- Responsible for reusable components and architecture related to the COE
- Responsible for multiple projects across value stream
- Responsible for team development and a high performance culture
- Responsible for creating healthy pipeline of junior and senior Electrical Engineers
- Hiring and developing interns - university programs
- Electrical design and development of new and maintenance of existing IV products
- Electrical engineering support for designing the manufacturing line
- Manage the COE in a multiple project environment to meet high demand schedules and cost targets
- Work with cross-functional departments such as Chief Engineer, program managers, marketing, quality, operations, and customers to develop and evaluate product requirements and user interfaces
- Prepares and/or facilitates technical reviews and discussions, technology demonstrations, and presentations to company internal or company external organization
- Provides training, coaching, and guidance to COE resources to ensure high confidence in engineering results
- Manage resources (people, equipment, facilities, etc.) related to the COE
- Ensure that the design and development is done as per regulatory and compliance requirements
- Drive innovation and Intellectual Property (IP)
- Direct the activities of Design and Development staff at specified location
- Motivate each employee to do their job efficiently and effectively
- Conduct performance appraisals and development plans as needed
- Ensure that each employee is trained on the procedures and processes appropriate for their position
- Help each employee as they strive for continuous improvement
- Hire and develop new talent and create technical pipeline
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering (required)
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred)
- Ten plus years experience working in the area of Electrical Engineering design & development
- Minimum five years experience in working under 510K(US) and CE mark (Europe), infusion pump guidance
- Minimum five years experience in various standards, such as ISO60601, 62304, 13485 and Human factors
- Proven leadership and program/project management skills with a track record of successful product introductions
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment as well as ability to independently function in technical capacities
- Effective communication skills with all levels of technical and operating personnel, both internal and external, via in person, phone and email
- Able to succeed in highly regulated compliance-oriented environment while still providing service excellence
- Ability to access U.S. export-controlled information
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability
- Critical Illness insurance and Accident insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement plans
- Award winning wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation assistance for experienced professionals
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and day care spending accounts
An equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information about Hi-Quality Recruits, please visit https://hiqualityrecruits.com/
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
Get fresh Electrical Engineer R&D jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.