Senior Supply Chain Strategist
Hi-Line, Inc., an essential business in the MRO and industrial industries, is seeking a Senior Supply Chain Strategist. This position is responsible for the inventory management of the Dallas Home Office Main Distribution Center and the 100 Territory Manager-run mobile stores nationwide. This individual plans, implements, and manages policies and procedures to optimize inventory utilization in all facets of the supply and sales cycles.
- Establish work processes that support company and departmental standards, procedures, and strategic directives.
- Meet directly with suppliers to discuss performance and access their overall value to the organization relative to alternative sources.
- Create, diagram, and dissect supply chain models to facilitate new or improved supply chain processes.
- Collaborate with Territory Managers to better understand the ever-changing needs and demands of our customers and respond by optimizing customer fill rates.
- Collect, track, and organize data to provide performance feedback to the operations; responsible for suggesting methods to improve inventory optimization, efficiency, and service for our Territory Managers.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase turns, reduce waste, and optimize customer service.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas including Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operations.
- Responsible for setting and updating Min/Max levels for all products as well as identifying A, B, C & D items, and adjusting the Min/Max levels for each demand change.
- Understand and respond to the nuances of products with sporadic demand.
- Contribute to the resolution of interdepartmental challenges concerning inventory availability and levels.
- Work with upper management to develop inventory-related goals for our company including fill rate/customer service levels, inventory turns, and overall inventory accuracy.
- Actively participate as a team member in product meetings with Marketing, Sales, and Operations departments.
- Design and implement product returns or reverse logistics programs to allow greater initial stocking of new product releases
- Ten years of experience in the supply chain discipline.
- College degree or equivalent preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills in Excel/PowerPoint users.
- APICS – ISM certification.
- Strong proficiency with advanced Microsoft applications and the ability to write and edit Macros and VBA codes used in transferring data efficiently from reports back into S2K.
- Experience with WMS and ERP systems.
- Ability to access, analyze, and simplify complex data or situations.
- Cultivates a broad network of relationships with key internal and external constituents.
- Strong understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards related end to end supply chain concepts.
- Experience in multiple inventories and industrial MRO products.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional accuracy and great organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) along with a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Team player with a positive and cooperative attitude in a highly cross-functional organization.
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 401 (k), health insurance, dental and life benefits
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement
- A 60-year history of steady growth as a privately-held, Dallas based company
- Friendly and comfortable work environment
- Security of working for a debt-free company
Who we are:
Hi-Line, America’s Mobile Industrial Hardware Store, has been thriving since 1959 as an essential business to over 30 different industries. Headquartered in Farmers Branch, Texas (35E/635), we provide timely access to over 100,000+ high-quality industrial MRO products through our nationwide network of Mobile Industrial Hardware Stores. “We bring the store and the service to you.”
Hi-Line is an equal opportunity employer. Hi-Line does not discriminate based on age, race, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender, or religion.
Powered by JazzHR
Our wide array of products is complemented by our unparalleled inventory management services. We provide on-site product and inventory management to our clients and our highly-trained Industrial Sales Managers are very much a part of the daily operations at the businesses that they visit. We’re there to keep our customers’ business moving, 24/7/365.