- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Heyl, Royster, Voelker & Allen, P.C., is a large, fast-paced law firm seeking motivated, organized, and reliable individual for a full-time Legal Assistant opening in our Chicago office. This position offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits*, for full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life/ADD, Employee Assistance Benefits, Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday. Additionally, the Firm provides at no cost to full-time employees; Basic term life/ADD, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and a 100% match for the first 6% of employee deferral for the 401K plan. If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, apply today!
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A LEGAL ASSISTANT
- As a Legal Assistant, you will spend most of your time assisting attorneys and paralegals. You will independently and correctly prepare, process, transcribe, edit, and electronically file legal documents and client files. You will assist attorneys with billing and file closing procedures, including encrypted documents and email correspondence. You will excel at maintaining attorneys' calendars and docketing hearings on time.
- You will provide excellent customer service to the attorneys, paralegals, and staff.
QUALIFICATIONS TO BE A LEGAL ASSISTANT
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior office or law firm experience, three (3) years preferred
- Must have strong computer skills working with Microsoft Office
- Must have transcription experience
Despite a fast pace and short timeframes, you excel and are efficient and thorough with multiple large volume tasks. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills to help improve processes and documentation to minimize errors.
Do you have solid communication skills? Do the words well organized and detail-oriented describe you? Would you love to be part of a team dedicated to exceptional results? If so, we want you to join our team!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR LEGAL TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, and that is why we have a quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position at our law firm, please fill out our 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
Heyl Royster is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
*This benefit list is current at the time of posting but is subject to change at any time.
Heyl, Royster, Voelker & Allen, P.C.
LegalView all jobs at Heyl, Royster, Voelker & Allen, P.C.