Position Title: Field Service Technician Wanted to Fix Things
Heubel Shaw is carefully seeking a proactive problem solver who appreciates challenges. Do you consider yourself to be good with your hands, and enjoy mental problems to solve? Are you the type of person who ensures your work is polished and shined when it leaves your plate? Do you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and fixing things? Are you known for being a troubleshooter, and even think of yourself as a Macgyver? If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you to advance your career.
Why Heubel Shaw? Simply put -- we invest in our people. Whether it's competitive pay, cutting-edge technology, various benefits options or annual rewards... we show our team members what it means to be valued, and give them the resources to help make their jobs easier. We work hard. We play hard. We put our Customers First and have a good time while doing it. When you join our team of talented and motivated professionals, you’ll be part of a company that is committed to being the best it can be, every day. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package and provide an environment that encourages and rewards imagination, creativity and excellence.
This person will maintain, service and support material handling equipment, systems and products at the customer location in a timely and cost-effective manner so that customer requirements are met.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, trouble-shoot and repair forklift and other equipment in accordance with established guidelines and procedures, maintaining positive customer relations.
- Perform preventive maintenance on assigned equipment according to schedule, established procedures and cost guidelines at customer’s facility.
- Complete all required paperwork and time records accurately and completely follow MobileTech Procedures as directed by management.
- Account for all parts, materials, tools and consumables used as required.
- Drive and work safely in accordance with company and/or customer safety policies procedures.
- Develop and maintain positive, effective working relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Keep the van clean, serviceable and in fully stocked condition at all times.
- Maintain the van’s interior equipment, storage devices, service manuals and related documents.
- Attend meetings, training classes and other company activities as required.
- Maintain uniforms in order to look neat and professional at all times.
- Report all accidents, injuries, safety violations and unsafe working conditions immediately.
- Keep an adequate set of personal tools as required by the supervisor at all times.
- Various additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Work with all departments and employees to ensure quality of customer service.
Special Skills Needed:
Good mechanical aptitude and ability, basic knowledge of industrial electricity and good customer relations skills. Self-starter and creative problem solver. Ability to read schematics, diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturer’s specifications and follow instructions. Must maintain an acceptable driving record. Must be willing to work overtime or weekends. May be on 24/7 call.
Physical Job Demands:
Regularly push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs. Lifting devices and/or asking for assistance is recommended for anything in excess of 75 lbs., or more. Must exert 200 ft. lbs. torque on tools. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time. Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling. Occasionally be able to climb ladders, work on elevated platforms that may be 15’ to 30’ in height. Activities require handling and grasping with the hands when performing repairs or maintenance of equipment by utilizing hand tools, power and air tools, fasteners and other small parts.
Often work in cramped workspaces that require getting into awkward positions. Exposed to various chemicals, such as hydraulic brake fluid, chemical degreasers, and lubricants on a daily basis. Temperatures can vary due to the customer’s environment and application. It can range from over 100 degrees to a freezer or cooler dock. Exposed to loud noise that is distracting and uncomfortable based on customer service calls. Occasional exposure to inadequate lighting conditions. These are average conditions and, depending upon customer requirements, may be adjusted from time to time.
Position is: Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Requires a Physical Exam? Yes
Uniforms? Yes, including steel toe shoes
Certifications Required? Basic, Level 1 and Level 2 certifications
Education Required: High School diploma. Technical School certificate or Associate's degree desirable.
Experience Required: Forklift, automotive, diesel or related industrial, aviation or military experience preferred.
Good Attendance, including a timely arrival each day, is an essential function
of this position.
Go to our website: www.heubelshaw.com, click on the Careers tab, click on the arrow and see all of the positions we have available.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Heubel/Shaw Material HandlingHeubel Shaw has continuously grown our diverse customer base by delivering strategic solutions for the design, implementation and support of their entire material handling system to become the largest Raymond dealership in the Central United States. We operate in 11 branches with over 360 employees in Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Western Iowa, Southern Illinois and NW Kentucky. Each of our branches is managed locally. When you join our team of talented and motivated professionals, you'll be part of a company that is committed to being the best it can be, every day. If you are looking for a rewarding career with a company that will continually strive to exceed your expectations through career development, continuing education, advancement opportunities, job stability, great benefits and a culture unlike any other - then Heubel Shaw is the company for you. Go to our website: www.heubelshaw.com, click on the Careers tab, click on the arrow and see all of the positions we have available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Little Rock, AR