Andreas Hettich GmbH & Co (Hettich Instruments) is a global medical device company that develops, manufactures and sells products including centrifuges and incubators used in clinical, research and industrial settings. For more than 100 years, Hettich centrifuges have served many applications typically found in hospital clinical laboratories, blood centers, academic research, pharm/biotech, and industrial laboratories. For more information please visit www.hettweb.com. Hettich Instruments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Regional Sales Representative is responsible for attainment of annual sales quota and business goals. Primary responsibilities also include developing and creating new business opportunities through promoting assigned product lines including centrifuges and others as required. Responsible for driving top line growth and delivering annual performance targets for Hettich accounts across the assigned territory. The Regional Sales Representative is directly responsible for achieving their territory sales growth.
· Responsible for delivering annual performance targets for designated accounts within assigned territory.
· Develop and maintains one on one relationship with key distributors and distributor sales representatives within assigned territory.
· Initiate customer contact, visit existing and/or prospective customers and influences buying decisions.
· Develop and analyze leads, follow up on sales opportunities and position product solutions.
· Consult with customers regarding products, services and applications to meet their needs and may recommend appropriate alternatives.
· Develop territory management plan to highlight account and product strategies. Determine strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and potential threats, making recommendations to remove barriers and increase sales performance.
· Effectively utilize sales analytical tools, e.g. CRM, to conduct territory analysis, target opportunities and drive growth.
· BS/BA Degree
· Medical Technology, Biotechnology, Science or Business Degree preferred
· Minimum 5 years of successful laboratory sales (including capital equipment sales) and channel relationship experience
· Willing to travel as required – ranging from 40% to 80%
· A valid driver’s license
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Compensation and Benefits
· Competitive salary
· Incentive (performance) compensation
· Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
· Basic life insurance
· Short and long term disability
· Paid time off, including holidays, vacation and sick time
· 401K plan
· Car allowance and expenses paid