Field Support Trainer - Certified Veterinary Technician (Seattle, WA)
Heska Seattle, WA
- Expired: October 09, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Heska is dedicated to quality pet care. Through innovation, invention, and strategic partnerships with worldwide leaders in diagnostics and treatments, Heska provides the benefits of the latest generation technologies to veterinarians. Heska’s range of complete blood diagnostic solutions include biochemistry, hematology, coagulation, immunoassay, heartworm, as well as other assays. Heska is at the forefront of high definition digital radiology and ultrasound for small and large animals and is a leader in point of care telecytology with a team of experienced clinical pathology specialists. Heska offers complete allergy solutions from testing and interpretation to immunotherapeutic options.
JOB SUMMARY: The Field Support Trainer I (FST) position located in Seattle, WA supports field sales activity and operations for several contiguous territories, with a strong emphasis on veterinary clinical instrumentation. Must reside in or near Seattle, WA.The FST executes hardware and accessory installation, software connectivity for all Heska blood analyzers. The FST provides detailed end-user hands-on technical and medical training for all Heska blood analyzers and Heska Imaging software applications.
Extensive travel with effective call routing, frequent clinic visits, and overnight travel will be required based on territory size and demand. Rapport development and enhancing greater Heska brand awareness in veterinary hospitals is a pivotal aspect of the role. Implementing, delivering, and executing specific training to clinic staff to properly operate and maximize use of company analyzers and other products.
Salary range for this role is $40,000 - $44,000 on an annualized basis. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Field installations, User Training, Field Support:
- Plan, schedule, organize, document and perform all Heska blood analyzer installations.
- Veterinary clinic staff training on all Heska blood analyzers and imaging software applications; produces high quality work in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance to training standards.
- Reviews and provides suggested optimization for individual clinic sample handling, workflow, and patient results management.
- Facilitate repeated clinic staff training as needed to ensure optimal customer retention, analyzer usage, and maximum analyzer up-time.
- Delivers a high level of customer service to clients to optimize customer retention.
- Log all customer-related activity with attention to detail and in a timely manner in the corporate customer management database.
- Work with the Technical Support Services (TSS) department and Imaging Technical Services (ITS) to alleviate technical issues in identified clinics requiring re-training, analyzer maintenance, etc.
- Work with TSS & ITS to troubleshoot diagnostic technical issues on site.
- Work in close collaboration with Sales, TSS and ITS on an ongoing, pro-active basis to formulate solutions to various clinic and territory technical needs.
- Visits hospitals/clinics to train staff on basic maintenance of analyzers to ensure optimal performance, review training needs, and review inventory consumable needs.
- Maintains efficiency of clinic coverage, accountable to maintain call coverage within set guidelines.
- Prepares, provides and conveys diversified information, which may be of a technical or competitive nature through departmental procedures and directives.
- Serves as an on-site liaison between customer and Heska Corporation.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years veterinary technician clinical experience.
- Certified, Registered, or Licensed Veterinary Technician degree from an AVMA-accredited program in veterinary technology. A Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science or related field with extensive veterinary technician clinical experience will be considered.
- Requires high level of rapport development and customer service orientation.
- Strong attention to technical detail and ability to convey and teach technical information concisely.
- Basic computer skills for database note taking, call routing, and email communication.
- Requires a clean driving history, and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to manage a heavy travel schedule for customer meetings within multiple sales territories, with frequent overnight visits expected; company car provided.
- Ability to implement, deliver, and execute specific training to clinic staff to properly operate and maximize use of analyzers, other products, as well as first level troubleshooting.
- Customer service provided to our customers.
- Displays a level of rapport development, and customer service orientation.
- Moderate computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment. Demonstrated skills in database management (note taking and call routing).
- Attention to technical detail, and ability to convey and teach that information concisely.
- Evidence of clean driving history and valid driver's license.
- Ability to accommodate heavy travel within multiple sales territories, with frequent overnight visits.
- Rapport development and ability to develop greater Heska brand awareness in veterinary hospitals/clinics.
- Willingness to share skills, knowledge and expertise to assist in the growth and development of others.
- Good communication skills.
Heska is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Heska has a generous benefits package available to employees!
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Company Paid Life Insurance with AD&D
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Insurance
- Employee Paid Voluntary Life Insurance options
- Retirement Plan 401(k) Traditional and/or Roth + Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, and Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training and Development
EducationView all jobs at Heska