The Hertz Corporation, a world leader in the car rental industry, currently seeks energetic team players to join our team
Duties include changing oil, changing tires, and 13-point inspections. Must be a quick learner, and have some auto mechanical knowledge. Applicants must have an assortment of tools, oil filter wrenches, socket set, and a toolbox to keep them in. Must be able to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays; and work overtime as required.
- The primary purpose of the Utility Mechanic is to perform general and warranty repairs and or/ preventative maintenance checks on all Hertz fleet vehicles.
- Responsible for oil/lube/tire changes, 13 point inspections, brake and tire repair, and miscellaneous vehicle repairs.
- Responsible for creation/processing of shop repair orders.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate paperwork and reports.
- Properly time stamp documents as required.
- Follow all company service and safety policies and procedures.
- Must own/use your own tools.
High School Diploma required, technical training or certificate preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical issues with various automotive system
- Knowledge of brakes, drive train, electrical components, vacuum systems, and body.
- Ability with some supervision to use computer-based diagnostic systems
- Prior experience doing light automotive mechanics in a shop is required
- Ability to work with common hand tools is required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time with continuous bending and twisting
- Must be available to work scheduled hours depending on the needs of the branch
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid Driver's License with clean motor vehicle record
- Periodic MVR checks will be performed if hired