As an Employee Support Intern you will provide a hands on experience in employee engagement and staffing. This internship will assist with the administrative operational duties related to the Attractions, Food & Beverage, Guest Experience and Safety & Security teams of Hersheypark and Hershey Entertainment Complex.
The Employee Support Interns are engaged in providing our team members with an exceptional level of guest service while successfully handling written or verbal inquires, attendance records, assisting in interviewing and hiring processes, and more.
- This position is located within the Labor, Scheduling, and Reporting office at the Hershey Entertainment Complex in Hershey PA.
- Internship is available for 16-30 hours per week.
- Housing is not being offered for this internship.
- Applications will be accepted until October 18th, 2019.
- The selection process for this internship utilizes a video interview component to prescreen applicants.
- If selected for a video interview, you will receive correspondence to the email address attached to your application.
- Providing positive leadership, motivation, training, and supervision, and regular follow up with our team members
- Handling a high volume of in-coming and out-going phone calls as well as greeting and assisting team member walk-ins
- Responding to written and verbal inquiries relating to events, schedules, policies, and procedures
- Assisting with the scheduling process, which includes; team members requests, schedule creation, and schedule modifications for over 3500 seasonal team members
- Counseling team members on their attendance records and applying progressive disciplinary procedures
- Assisting with the coordination of supplemental staffing programs; such as the volunteer program
- Updating timekeeping records for part time team members
- Filing personal records and performing other administrative duties related to the operational human resource functions
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a sophomore, junior, or senior in undergraduate education (as of Spring 2020) majoring in Business Administration or a related major.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have the ability to quickly learn computer based applications
- Must have proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be innovative and be self-motivated to complete tasks
- Must be detail oriented with proven organizational skills
- Must be comfortable speaking to large groups
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must have the ability to work without a conflict of interest
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Must be able to work a minimum of two (2) weekends per month (both Saturday and Sunday) – Weekday shifts and hours may be available based on class schedule
- Must be able to work shifts on weekends starting as early as 6:45am and work shifts ending as late as 1:00am
- Must be able to work a minimum of 16 hours per week (additional hours up to approximately 30 hours per week may be available during some weeks)
- Physical requirements include standing, sitting, walking and lifting a minimum of 20 pounds
- Typical shifts will be indoors; however, regular outside work in various weather conditions may also be required
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer