Herriman City Herriman, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a dynamic Planner I who can keep moving our department and the City forward with new ideas to enhance the great foundation already in place. Herriman City is one of the most dynamic communities in the State of Utah and voted a Top Work Place for 2019 & 2020 in the SL Tribune. This full-time position, with excellent benefits, will encompass a broad range of work from "front line" customer service to current and long range planning projects. Our Planning Department culture exhibits a priority for people, passion for planning, demand for detail, and a love of learning how to make great places happen.
This position may close early based on qualified applicants.GENERAL PURPOSE
Under the general direction of the Planner Manager, provides the public with information and assistance on planning matters such as zoning, site plans, conditional uses, and signs. Conducts field studies and surveys to collect original research data for planning projects. Designs and drafts graphs, charts, maps, photographs, and other illustrative material as needed. Analyzes proposed projects, prepares recommendations for consideration by other staff members and the Planning Commission. Acts as a technical assistant to various boards and commissions.SUPERVISION RECEIVED
- Works under the direction of the Planning Manager
- Under general direction, prepares reports, projects, and meeting agenda items for the Planning Commission. May attend public hearings; provides research and suggestions to the Planning Commission and the City Council on planning matters.
- Accepts applications and reviews plans submitted to the Planning Commission. Provides insight regarding completeness and accuracy.
- Assists and provides information to the public regarding the preparation and filing of applications for zoning changes, building permits, conditional use permits, subdivision applications, and other requests for service.
- Under direction as needed, interprets planning and zoning regulations to the public at the front counter, by telephone, and email.
- Explains zoning code to applicants and the public.
- Meets with applicants and the public to assist in application submittals.
- Helps in the preparation and posts legal notices for the City website and newspaper as required by City ordinance and LUDMA (Land Use Development Management Act). Requests additional insight and reviews as needed.
- Prepares and mails neighbor letters to notify of public hearings or meetings.
- Provides research and analysis to the Planning Director with specific recommendations for development standards, planning objectives, and evaluation criteria.
- Conducts inspections on conditional use permits granted by the Planning Commission to ascertain continued compliance to the conditions imposed.
- Assists Planning Director by participating in, and coordinating special planning, zoning, and environmental studies; prepares reports and findings.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with major course work in urban planning or a related field.
- One (1) year experience in planning
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in local government.
- Must be at least 18yrs old
- Must possess a valid Utah Driver's License
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check, physical and driving record check.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Intermediate skills in Word, Excel, and ARC GIS
- Able to type 60 wpm
- Incumbent of the position performs in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls and ability to travel to different sites and locations.
- Tasks require a variety of physical activities, not generally involving muscular strain, related to walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching, and lifting.
- Essential functions generally require communications such as talking, hearing, and seeing.
- Rapid work speed required performing keyboard operations.
- Common eye, hand, finger, leg, and foot dexterity exist.
- Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, discriminating thinking, and creative problem-solving.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at Herriman City