Senior Civil Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
We are Herrera:
Envision yourself at a growing company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best while supporting your evolving career.
We are Herrera Environmental Consultants, a science and engineering consulting firm dedicated to working with clients to develop holistic solutions that provide social and environmental benefit. We protect the environment every day simply by doing what we do best.
For over 40 years Herrera has cultivated a collaborative, respectful culture that empowers our staff to achieve excellence, and we have fun along the way. Each of us has the unique ability to make a difference in the world, one person at a time and one project at a time. We provide our staff with the autonomy to pursue their professional interests and encourage professional growth - resulting in a high staff retention and repeat clients.
As our company grows, we are expanding our services in the Mountain West, Washington, Oregon, California, and Western Canada.
Herrera is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer in Missoula, MT to support our interdisciplinary team in regional solid waste, stormwater, mine waste, and/or hazardous waste projects. A Senior Geologist or Hydrogeologist would also be considered. Working remotely from Wyoming would also be a potential for the right candidate.
Our company provides a diverse range of engineering and environmental services to cities, counties, state and federal agencies, and private clients throughout the Rocky Mountains and Pacific Northwest. Working for public sector and private clients, the successful candidate will work with multi-disciplinary project teams and work to complete a variety of tasks using advanced problem solving, collaboration, and team leadership skills.
The successful candidate will work closely with our staff in Montana, Washington, Wyoming, and Oregon. The best candidate will thrive in a team environment and have a passion for supporting complex projects.
You will be responsible for:
Being a senior seller/doer, managing projects and executing work for design and engineering related to any or all of the following:
- Cleanup and/or containment of waste;
- CERCLA and RCRA compliance;
- Sampling and analysis of soil, groundwater, and waste;
- Planning and design of stormwater infrastructure facilities and retrofits;
- Construction oversight and environmental monitoring;
- Preparing design documents and written reports; and
- Interacting with clients, contractors, and other consultants.
Required education and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in civil or environmental engineering, geology or hydrogeology.
- A current professional license in Montana, or Wyoming, or the ability to receive reciprocal registration
The strengths you will need to succeed in this role include:
- 10+ years professional experience
- Proven business development acumen in the Western United States
- Experience developing scopes of work and budgets for design work
- Construction management and inspection experience working on civil projects
- Reclamation/Remediation Experience on mine, hazardous material, solid waste, and/or abandoned well sites
- Experience preparing design plans, construction specifications, and construction cost estimates
Additional Skills and Abilities Desired:
- Collaborator and team builder with capacity to work with and manage staff from diverse technical disciplines
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Dedication to health and safety practices when working in the field
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
- Experience with AutoCAD / Civil3D / Carlson Natural Regrade
- Experience with natural resource issues
- Familiar with sampling and analysis of soil, groundwater, surface water, and waste materials;
- Environmental monitoring.
- Experience preparing written reports; and interacting with clients, contractors, and other consultants.
- Experience with conducting Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments
- Experience with Remedial Investigation / Feasibility Studies (RI/FS)
We support our staff by offering:
- (ESOP) Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Flexible Hybrid Work Environment
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vison Insurance
- Retirement 401K
- (EAP) Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays (9)
- Employee-Owned Benefit Advantages
- $80,000 to $120,000 depending upon experience.
We are a values-based organization.
- Insist on integrity, objectivity, and social and environmental ethics in our work.
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity, always.
- Act as stewards of the environment upon which we depend.
- Research and outreach, learn and teach.
- Employee owners; employee leaders.
We Are Committed to Equal Opportunity, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Herrera does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal laws. We encourage women, minorities, veterans, disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for this position. Herrera is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Herrera Environmental Consultants, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?