District Manager (Somerset, NJ)
Herr Foods Inc Somerset County, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Bringing Home Your Work Never Tasted So Good!
Herr Foods Inc. is a privately owned salty snack food manufacturer and distributor based in Nottingham, PA and we think our 1600+ employees are pretty spectacular! We are committed to making our Herr’s family business an enjoyable and profitable place to work.
We are currently seeking a District Manager to support our Somerset, NJ team! We are looking for someone who supports the Herr's mission by leading and coaching an assigned team of route salespeople, using key principles to achieve their route goals to align with corporate sales and profit goals. District Managers are expected to execute advance planning to assure all routes are covered, including running routes themselves when necessary.
This position is full-time benefit eligible. Herr’s is proud to offer a variety of quality benefits and wellness programs where we have been recognized as a 5-time Well Workplace Award winner in the area! Elective benefits include medical, dental, vision and hearing insurance; long term disability, life insurance, accident, hospital and critical illness indemnity plans, and legal plans. The company also provides opportunities to contribute to a 401k, company profit sharing, vacation, sick and holiday pay; EAP services, and tuition reimbursement. Benefits start the first of the month following 30 days of service (unless otherwise noted in plan description).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare district business plans to achieve/meet sales goals and prepare/conduct meetings to communicate outcomes.
- Develop Route sales people to enable them to increase market penetration and development while maintaining a "Safety First" attitude.
- Train route sales employees to provide superior customer service, to continuously build sales profitably to meet branch objectives, and accept and abide by Company procedures and policies.
- Recruiting and retaining a fully staffed and engaged team. Driving the development and career advancement of the route sales employees.
- Identify individual RSP strengths and providing feedback to further enhance them, create success plans identify opportunities for customer service and sales improvement, continuously provide direction, follow-up, and adjustment as needed to assure RSP success.
- Perform Route Sales duties to cover routes during staffing shortages.
- Directly supervises a group of 6-9 route sales employees
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving difficulties.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years’ experience in route sales with Herr Foods or two years managerial experience in a DSD company
- Demonstrated success in ability to forecast future opportunities and problems
- Demonstrated ability to reach goals and objectives by deadlines, with ability to manage operations when performance deviates from plan and execute corrective measures
- Experience in the snack food industry preferred
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the current state of residence with an excellent driving record.
- All Herr Foods Inc. job offers are contingent upon successfully passing a drug test. Herr Foods also has a Random Drug Testing program for all active employees
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, preserve confidentially of all business information and data, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as environmentally friendly as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform other related duties, special projects and functions as required from time to time.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Frequently driving, sitting, walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, balancing and lifting and reaching using fine manipulation
- Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Exposed to outside weather elements.
Any questions about this position or any others, please contact the Human Resources department at 610-932-6500 or email@example.com
Herr Foods Inc.is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veterans/Disabilities
Herr Foods Inc
AddressSomerset County, NJ
RetailView all jobs at Herr Foods Inc