Formerly known as the Columbia Court Club, the Hermiston Athletic Club (HAC) has reopened after nearly two years of extensive reconstruction and renovation. Just more proof that you can’t hold back Hermiston! As the premier fitness club in the neighborhood our members enjoy high-end amenities, equipment, and facilities like nowhere else locally. Hermiston Athletic Club is currently seeking Fitness Professionals to join our team and help us in building a best-in-class membership experience for the community in Hermiston.
The Fitness Professional (Fitness Pro) is the lifeblood of our club by delivering informed expertise and individualized sales and service experiences to all guests and members. A Fitness Pro is responsible for all aspects of delivering upon this expectation which will require a willingness to learn, ability to find fulfillment in service, and a huge motor and sense of pride to build Hermiston Athletic Club into a staple of the community rather than another gym in town. Through the support and training of the General Manager the Fitness Pro drives membership growth and retention, supports facility cleanliness and operation, provides superior customer service, and is the resident expert on all products, services, and events.
If you are a driven individual who likes to build, thrives in helping and cheering on others, walks the walk, takes ownership by following policies and procedures, likes to set and achieve goals, and don’t mind throwing on some tennies and busting out the last mile with a member, please keep reading.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries and conducts themselves as if they are the owner at all times.
- Commits themselves to delivering excellent member service and operates as the ‘hub of the club’ by greeting members by name, walking the floor to seek out service opportunities, and build rapport.
- Offer a proper and positive greeting to all members entering and exiting the club.
- Take prospective members on tours then assist them with the new account sign-up process.
- Become an trusted resource for managing all systems within the member services portfolio.
- Check in on all members who have not visited within a week or two.
- Facilitate needed updates to member’s accounts.
- Monitor check-ins to identify delinquent accounts and notifies GM.
- Answers phone by the third ring in a professional and courteous manner and uses proper phone greeting techniques.
- Responds immediately to member requests, inquiries, and concerns.
- Maintain neat appearance and wear proper uniform attire with nametag while on duty.
- Processes retail and concession sales.
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures.
- Keeping the front desk clean and organized at all times
- Contributes as a positive and healthy influence and team member that fosters constant and never-ending improvement.
- Monitors front desk and sales KPI's to ensure that each of your individual goals and requirements are meeting or exceeding goals.
- Engage members with various fitness offerings including personal training, group exercise classes and social media updates.
- Routinely cleans equipment and other areas as assigned by the GM.
- Reports issues and creates tickets for necessary repair and maintenance and ensures follow through of all reported issues.
- All other duties and responsibilities given by GM
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to create and sustain a culture of service focused on hospitality, caring, customer experience, being welcoming, and having fun.
- A passion for fitness. Demonstrated knowledge of fitness equipment and wellness strategies a plus.
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- High school diploma or higher.
- 2 years of experience in sales, customer service, or reception.
Hermiston Athletic Club
Why Work Here?
Hermiston Athletic Club is backed by owners who have been in the fitness/gym industry for over 30 years.