Quality Manufacturing Engineer II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Cristek manufactures electrical connectors, cable assemblies, harnesses, and related electro-mechanical products, and holds multiple quality certifications including AS9100 & ISO 9001. Cristek, established in 1985, is headquarters located in Anaheim, CA with divisions in North Billerica, MA and Minden, NV. This position is in our rapidly expanding Minden, NV location. The Manufacturing Engineer II will collaborate with associates across multiple departments & sites, to develop and maintain Engineering documentation, production, and generate build instructions.
Some key functions include -Develops and improves manufacturing processes and mechanical/Electrical designs by studying product and manufacturing methods. Will collaborate with the design and production teams on various design projects, using in-depth knowledge of the latest design trends and engineering software to lead the way. In addition to being a good communicator, should be creative thinkers with excellent problem-solving skills. Travel to Minden/Anaheim may be required during manufacturing and test phases. (5-15% time allocation) Experience in Aerospace and Spaceflight hardware desired
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Essential Functions/ Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for quality assurance processes including, but not limited to, First Article Inspection Requirements (FAIR), Self-Release and product audits, as well as coordination of Quality System
- Experience in work instruction conceptualization and publishing. Working collaboratively with various engineering development and support staff to create work instructions for production teams.
- Design and layout product flows which include test equipment, flow, and hands on approach to line deployment and implementation. Leads projects involving the selection, design, and development of new production equipment, as well as updates and enhancements to legacy equipment with, little to no guidance
- Maintains oversight of initial sample product as well as production equipment and process validation/qualification efforts
- Develops optimized manufacturing processes that promote safe work practices while minimizing waste
- Proactively seeks out opportunities for process improvement within manufacturing operations, independently builds business case for proposed action, and presents findings & recommendations to leadership for approval
- Creates and updates bills of material (BOM’s), bills of labor, tooling specifications, work instructions (WI’s) and other documents related to manufacturing operations through established change management processes
- Experience with QA systems such as AS9100, ISO, Conducting Audits, and Corrective Actions
- Ability to be “forward-facing” to customers to identify creative solutions and address customer and market needs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PFMEA methodology and APIS IQ Software
- Define characterization and test plans. Review test results and address deviations as required.
- Actively participate and support peer design reviews and other team efforts.
- Consolidate input from software users to implement standards, macros, and other improvements to optimize efficiency.
- Work and communicate regularly with Marketing, Engineering, Quality and Operations
- ITAR: Must be able to legally work in the United States. Position requires the candidate to be a US Person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (US Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and defined by 8 USC 1101(a) (20).
- The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.
- BS or advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering., or similar field.
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years Engineering experience.
- Direct experience with Product Lifecycle Management systems and CAD data management.
- Experience with PFEMA Audit, design for manufacturability, work instruction creation
- Strong knowledge of CAD and software systems such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and LabView.
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 GD&T.
- Experience with manufacturing processes, and assembly & testing of precision electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of MIL-Specs and other industry standards used in aerospace and defense designs.
- Exposure to the design and/or specifications of electrical connectors, including mico-D, Dsub, Nano, and RF.
- Exposure to the use of Network Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Multi-meters, and associated lab equipment.
- Programming and test experience with LabView, Python, or similar environments.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational, analytical, decision making, & problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prepares RCA reports and communicates findings to all levels within the organization
- Mix of office and production floor
- Test lab with exposure to sudden, loud noises
- Ability to work independently to create and deliver testing results.
- 401k with Match
- 9/80 Schedule
- Vision, Dental, Medical
- Life, STD, and LTD
Hermetic Solutions Group
Get fresh Electrical Manufacturing Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!