Electro-Mechanical Engineer III
- Posted: over a month ago
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Do you enjoy designing and developing innovative solutions to solve tough problems? Join our team. Our Electro-Mechanical engineers research, design, develop, test, certify, deploy, and improve designs in the interconnect solution space. Your technical duties include the design and development of new products and processes throughout the product lifecycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and analyze requirements, conceive, and develop trade studies on mechanism design options.
- Create and iterate detailed CAD models of design options – mechanism geometry, materials / lubrication selections, assembly processes and test methods.
- Analyze (classical / FEA) all load conditions (static, dynamic, thermal, fatigue) for compliance.
- Develop test plans throughout development with variable isolation DOEs and statistical analysis for long term reliability assessments as needed.
- Define qualification plans and identify acceptance testing methods
- Facilitate cost trades on multiple parallel configurations for cost/manufacturability vs design uncertainty.
- Produce complete design packages – detailed drawings, analysis reports, BOMs, Assembly documentation.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related discipline and typically 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience designing structures and mechanisms for space applications
- Practical Knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Experience with Solidworks, PDM, and ECO release process
- Willingness to work on a small team performing complex engineering design evaluations
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams.
- Ability to drive design and decision forward to be realized
- Masters of Science degree in Engineering, Physics or related discipline and typically 6 or more years of relevant aerospace experience.
- Design experience (Connectors, Harness assemblies, twist capsules, slip rings, tooling, mechanisms for aerospace) mechanisms) highly desired
- PLM experience highly desired
- Understanding of Engineering Simulation such as Finite Element structural Analysis (FEA) and Thermal Analysis
- Experience in spaceflight pedigree requirements
- IPC-610/620 requirements for electronics
- Flexible circuit design and construction knowledge
- Knowledge of industry-standard mechanical design principles, to include, but not limited to parametric design, model-based definition, material hardware selection, manufacturing, and production processes
- Proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Office Work
- Test lab with exposure to sudden, loud noises
- Ability to work independently to create and deliver testing results.
Cristek participates in the E Verify System so all employees will be screened for eligibility to work in the United States on their first day of employment. Due to ITAR requirements only US Persons should apply. Cristek is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.
Hermetic Solutions Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?