- $90,000 to $110,000 Yearly
- medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Hermes Landscaping has been a premier full-service landscaping provider throughout Kansas City for over 50 years! Come work where the outdoors is part of our everyday, and culture and people are the hallmark of who we are. At Hermes, passion and creativity collide to create timeless and breathtaking landscapes and hardscapes.
Note From the Hiring Manager
We have a unique opportunity. Our beloved Accounting Vice President is hoping to retire this year. She has 35 years of knowledge she would like to impart on someone to provide a strong foundation for a new Controller to create a new future of accounting operations. You will have plenty of guidance and support from our existing VP and leadership as you execute, but ultimately, this is your show! You will be joining a profitable company full of people that are passionate and excited about what we do and you joining the team so you will have all the support you need.
I am looking for someone who is great with a team, inspiring, leading and helping people grow and develop. I am also looking for someone who has a passion for growth and a passion for excellence and wants to deliver a work product that is best in class. Finally, I am wanting to work with someone who is committed to growth personally and organizationally, who can create a great internal and external reputation. I would like to lock arms with this energetic entrepreneurial person and move a mountain or two!
The Team Member We Need:
We are seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented individual who will own key financial data- this includes all inputs and outputs across the entire chart of accounts. You have a data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy. You are a proven influencer who can influence non-finance leaders. Able to drive change, lead process improvements and implement controls. You are a great planner and organizer, who can manage multiple projects.
Responsibilities Include but are not Limited To:
- The controller is responsible for timely delivery of multiple monthly financial statements, compliance reporting to CEO, and coordination of external audits
- Oversee the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes
- Collaborate with accounting management to deliver relevant and timely reporting of financial data analytics
- Provide leadership to team members that reflects the company’s mission, vision and values
- Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements and assemble various technical accounting policies, procedures, and analyses
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Assist in the preparation of GAAP financial statements & FP&A
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or MBA are highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of proven successful leadership and supervisory experience
- Strong data analysis and experience with job costing preferred
- Meeting critical deadlines with high quality work product
- Proven analysis and month end close process experience
- A collaborative, communicative approach to management, leadership, and a diverse group of internal and external customers
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to maintain strong working relationships with all co-workers and outside clients.
We offer a competitive salary with benefits including health / life / dental / vision insurance, 401(K), paid time off and more.
Hermes Landscaping is an EOE.
Hermes Landscaping has been a family owned business for over 50 years; we treat our team members as family.
13030 W 87th St. Pkwy LenexaOverland Park, KS
Finance and Insurance
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.