- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hermann Services, Inc., headquartered in Monmouth Junction, NJ offers trucking transportation, brokerage, warehouse, and packaging services throughout the United States, specializing in the Northeast and Gulf Coast/Texas Regions. Our offices and facilities are located in New Jersey, Texas, Delaware, and Maryland. Launched in 1927 when Fred J. Hermann purchased his first truck, the Hermann name has since stood for integrity, value, service, and logistics expertise.
Hermann Services is looking for a Controller to join our company located in Monmouth Junction, NJ.
The Controller will manage Financial Planning, General Accounting, and Account Receivables & Payables. You must be a motivated self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit and driven by successful results.
Financial Planning, Analysis
- Prepare Budgets: Sales, PL by channel, Gross margin analysis, analyze variance against Actuals
- Review profitability by customers
- Performance, monthly sales trend, weekly KPIs reports, sales performance by Sales Associate
- Prepare journal entries along with proper back up, update monthly checklist
- Prepare monthly inventory reconciliation
- Prepare intercompany reconciliation
- Prepare, analyze P&L and B/S against prior months and Budget
- Organize filing and back up in monthly binders
- Prepare, sign off and submit all balance sheet reconciliations
A/P – A/R processing
- A/P operations, review aging, ensure timely payments processing
- A/R operations, ensure timely collections, resolve transactions issues, check write offs by customer
- Prepare monthly, quarterly sales tax filing along with all back up documentation
- Support and prepare all documentation for income tax requested by Accounting/Tax firm
Fixed Assets and Loans
- FA additions, disposals and monthly depreciation and reconciliations
- Loan amortization schedules and reconciliations
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Medical intercompany billing and postings
- Fuel posting and reconciliations
- IFTA, HUT, NYST
- Registrations Amort schedule
- Bulk Fuel Tank Postings and reconciliations
- Payroll posting and reconciliations
- Evaluate and recommend changes to accounting processes and general ledger reporting capabilities, including documenting and maintaining accounting procedures, in support of continuous improvement efforts
- Other projects & duties as assigned by management
Qualified candidates MUST possess the following:
- 6 to 8 years’ experience minimum with increasing responsibilities in Finance
- Proficient in excel, advanced formulas
- Proactive, extremely organized, ability to work in fast-paced environment, sense of urgency, Detail oriented, Self-starter, Flexible to shifting priorities, Problem preventer, Problem solver, Meeting all deadlines
Software skills preferred, but not required:
- Microsoft Great Plains
- Great Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance after 30 days of full-time employment
- Matching 401(k) – Hermann matches 35% of first 10%
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance
Hermann Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Transport Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.