Herman/Stewart Construction is a national commercial general contractor located in Lanham, Maryland that specializes in the construction of retail, restaurants, hotels and senior living facilities. We are currently seeking local and traveling Superintendents with 5+ years of commercial construction experience with a focus on high-end restaurants, retail projects, and hotel projects.
The Superintendent is responsible for the overall leadership of on-site construction operations. This position will provide supervision and technical management of subcontractors and other construction related personnel, and include; the planning, coordination and execution of the work so that projects are completed in high quality and safe manner, meeting budget and schedule objectives.
• Ability to read blueprints and an understanding of design principles.
• Strong understanding of building regulations and laws.
• 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
• Strong ability to manage and direct others.
• Planning and organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Trustworthy, self-motivated, passionate and dedicated to high-quality work
• Working with others
• Thorough knowledge of Windows/Word/Excel a must.
Responsibilities Briefly Described
• Maintain a schedule to ensure projects are completed by specified deadlines.
• Ensure materials are ordered and delivered to job site on time and that they are verified and secured.
• Schedule subcontractors and ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
• Control costs to ensure completion of project within budget.
• Maintain control of project quality.
• Produce weekly job reports with photos.
• Responsible for overall safety on the job site.
• Manage project closeout to include required inspections, commissioning and completion of punch list.
• Maintain “as-built” documents throughout the duration of the project.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
• Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop or kneel.
At Herman/Stewart you aren't just an employee; you're an important member of our team. Below are some of the excellent benefits we offer:
Competitive salary and bonuses
Medical, prescription & dental benefits, life insurance
401(k) retirement program
Paid time off
So, if you are looking to make a move and are a highly motivated professional who welcomes new challenges, take a look at Herman/Stewart Construction. We have your next GREAT OPPORTUNITY!
Please forward resume with project list and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.