Senior Staff Accountant
Heritage Specialty Foods Portland, OR
- Expired: June 18, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Heritage Specialty Foods:
Our company is comprised of two local families and two generations who are joined together by the same mission of supporting our customers with naturally fresh, kettle cooked foods for retail and food service operations.
With over a decade of experience in fresh food manufacturing, we understand the intricate and delicate balance of taking a recipe and producing it on a grand scale while still maintaining the recipe's integrity.
We take full advantage of the abundance of local ingredients available to us in Portland to create our soups, chilis, chowders, entrées, sauces, marinades, and puddings also including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options and are looking for someone who relates to our company culture to join the team!
The Senior Staff Accountant oversees the Daily/ Weekly/ Monthly accounting process and compiles financial data to aid the controller in managing the Close and in the preparation of Balance Sheets, the P & L Statements and other financial reports for several companies. Assists in analyzing current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses..Requirements:
- Maintaining the Accounting Software and necessary financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, financial analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits and related activities to support all Departments.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, sales, purchasing, and treasury and as needed to conduct internal audits and establish internal controls.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Handling Bank transactions, reconcile checking accounts and handle credit card payments.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines for the Department and Company.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Other duties as assigned.
Senior Accountant Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-5 years of accounting experience. Manufacturing, Product Distribution, or Logistics industry experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience in accrual accounting with multiple companies preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy, technical, and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Solid experience with Quick Books.
- Prefer experience with Sage, Dynamics or NetSuites ERP software.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required. (will consider AA degree with Experience).
- Hands on with a high degree of personal initiative. Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits for Senior Accountant:
- Opportunity for Advancement and professional training.
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Salary Range for Senior Accountant:
$68,000 - $80,000 Annually
Heritage Specialty Foods
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Heritage Specialty Foods