Purpose of this position: A Good Will Ambassador for this living center. The Community Relations Liaison works continuously in marketing and promoting this ALC to community referral sources, and the community at large to assure the home attains and maintains full occupancy.
Prepared through education and experience to initiate and maintain professional interactions with a variety of people. Strong social and interpersonal relationship. Desire and ability to professionally represent the home to the community at large, including at networking events, senior/health fairs and expos (etc.), make presentations and public speaking about this ALC and related topics. Considerable initiative and judgment is required. Word processing and clerical skills, pleasant telephone manner and greeting skills as well as experience in residential services to seniors, leasing, sales or marketing preferred. Must have a positive and respectful attitude toward the care of the frail elderly, ability to read, write and carry out directions; maturity to deal effectively with the demands and stresses of the job in a professional and confidential manner. Able to legally drive to and from marketing events and opportunities.
1. Sales and Marketing – greeting of guests to this living center (via telephone, in person, or email), provide information and tours to prospective residents and inquiries; coordinates outreach marketing efforts with Administrator and HPM-ALC Marketing Coordinator – using a variety of methods (in person, letter, email, telephone, in house, off site, etc.). Tracks response to advertising and marketing efforts adjusting outreach efforts and expenditures to optimize return on resource investment; Tracks inquiries for residency – including referral source, contact name and number/address/ email; Follow up on inquiries to optimize occupancy; Develop and maintain a mailing list of prospects and referral sources; may assist to participate in senior housing fairs and expos; Complies with Fair Housing requirements. Participate in senior expos, community fairs, etc. to promote the ALC to the community
2. Resident Relations – Communicates and coordinates new resident assessments and status with Administrator and RSC, as well as other managers as needed to assure optimal experiences for all residents from inquiry through final stay. Completes move in paperwork and collects payment from residents at move in, and monthly thereafter. Establishes and maintains open communication with resident and family/authorized representative to assure smooth transition into this assisted living center. Provides orientation and follow up support at least 3 times within the first 21 days of move in, and as needed thereafter. Liaison between families, residents and HPM-ALC personnel.
3. Resident information –Data entry into all pertinent Customer Relations Management and Resident Management Software maintain resident data base (from initial inquiry through end of residence); maintain emergency information; prepare resident chart “face” sheets in ECP and in the data base;
4. Business Practices- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable (rent collection) according to policy and within budget parameters; encourages residents to participate in ACH where available; maintain appropriate files and documentation as directed. Make daily bank deposits;
5. Human Resources – supervision of receptionist staff – including hiring, training, coaching and counseling as needed. Prepares and presents timely employee reviews to receptionist staff: 90 day and annual. Routine tasks may be delegated to the Receptionist providing adequate training and supervision is provided to assure consistent quality performance. Provides script and training for any staff who may be answering the telephone, or requested to provide living center information to a prospective resident. (May make “mystery shop” calls to staff at “off times” to assist them to build confidence in handling inquiries.)
This position is a full-time (40 hours) non-exempt hourly position. As a full-time employee, you will qualify for health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401k retirement plan. We are an equal-opportunity employer.