Recently nominated by our own employees, Corus Health is the proud recipient of Albuquerque's prestigious Top Workplace award for 2019! We are currently seeking a qualified and compassionate Home Health Aide to care for our patients under the supervision of the RN Case Managers. The ideal candidate will work as an integral part of the interdisciplinary team designated to provide the highest standard of care.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Increase the level of patients' comfort.
- Maintain patients' personal hygiene.
- Create a safe, healthy environment for the patients.
- Provide temporary respite and relief from total care responsibilities for the primary caregivers.
- Assisting patients in and out of bed and assisting with ambulation.
- Turning patients in bed and positioning for comfort.
- Provide companionship to our patients.
- Assisting with prescribed exercises which patients in accordance with the training provided by appropriate healthcare personnel.
- Preparation of meals and assisting patients with eating.
- Assisting patients to bathroom or in using bedpan or urinal.
- Giving enemas as ordered and instructed.
- Performing household services which will facilitate the patients self-care at home and are necessary to maintain independence.
- Changing simple dressing or colostomy bags as directed.
- Assisting with self-administered, non-prescription and prescription medications under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Testing urine and recording vital signs as directed.
- Changing bed linens.
- Reporting changes in the patients condition to the RN Case Manager.
- Completing appropriate documentation.
- Participating in Interdisciplinary Team meetings and participate in discussion relative to patient/family plan of care.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Ability to make meaningful observations and write brief, accurate descriptions of patients health conditions.
- Ability to recognize the needs of people and to maintain good relationships in dealing with patients and family members.
- Experience as a home health aide preferred.
- Preferably a high school graduate.
- Valid New Mexico drivers license and availability of dependable, insured transportation.
Benefits & Allowances:
- Positive, supportive work environment
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee Assistance Funding