Production Manager $1,000 sign-on bonus
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $70,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Join our team as a Production Manager.
The Production Manager is responsible for directly supervising field staff and managing client jobs to ensure the crews consistently performs high quality work, meet client requirements and fulfilling them in a profitable and efficient manner; while following company policies and procedures maintaining all operations and safety standards. This is achieved through comprehensive knowledge of landscape maintenance, landscape equipment, and labor & quality control.
The overall success of the branch depends upon the Production Manager’s ability to clearly communicate, understand scope of work, estimate and schedule, supervise crew performance and control direct costs such as labor and materials. Members. The Production Manager reports directly to and works closely with the Account Managers to assure client expectation are met.
- Work with the team to ensure that all services are delivered according to contract specifications, on budget, according to schedule and with a high standard of quality.
- Familiarity with the contracts and performance specifications for all jobs is essential to assure performance and profitability, by monitoring the work performed relative to these specifications must be continually tracked to assure compliance.
- Supervise daily crews’ activities of Leads and Crew Members.
- Demonstrate role model behaviors on ethics and integrity as well as positively promoting company culture and safety
- Coordinate work to ensure prompt completion. Ensure efficient scheduling, by scheduling work for crews, depending on work priorities, crew or equipment availability, or weather conditions. Assigns work to employees with proper training and required credentials only.
- Schedule new and existing work in Aspire to reflect the most efficient routing for each crew.
- Review and approve daily crew time in Aspire.
- Carry out all activities in a professional, proactive manner and with the goal of creating long-term client relationships.
- Work with Shop Manager and Account Manager to assure proper equipment and material is ready for upcoming jobs.
- Monitor and maintain Labor Budgets along with other direct and indirect costs to ensure Income from Operations is met.
- Develops and maintains crew routes, schedules work and coordinates manpower, equipment, and materials in the most efficient manner.
- Provide accurate and timely paperwork flow between field and office.
- Evaluate performance of his crew members and make recommendations regarding promotions, demotions, dismissals, wages, etc.
- Hold crew leaders accountable to budgets, quality standards, company goals and values in completing all work.
- Assist in training team members correct labor methods and techniques.
- Assist in safety training and promoting a safe environment. Report accidents immediately to Supervisor.
- Keep phone on when having crews working or when required by weather conditions.
- Inform employees on procedures and policies and hold them accountable. Lead by example!
- Meet regularly with Crew Leaders and Account Managers.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidates must have a minimum of two years’ experience in commercial landscaping at the crew foreman level or higher.
- A degree in the field of horticulture, turf grass science, landscape technology or related field is preferred but not required.
- Functional proficiency in speaking and understanding Spanish is highly preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with the best practices regarding safety for crew members, the public, and the environment.
Heritage Landscape Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?