Clinic Based Counselor
Heritage Health Coeur d'Alene, ID
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
We are North Idaho’s premier provider of integrated medical, dental and behavioral health services. Our amazing care teams deliver world-class healthcare utilizing a patient directed, community-focused approach. Providing high quality, affordable Healthcare from the Heart is our passion. Our mission is to deliver a healthcare experience that provides hope, inspires change, and extends life for our patients and our community.
Top reasons to join our team:
- Our employees are mission – minded
- We are passionate about providing excellent patient care
- Committed to a fun and supportive team environment
- We offer high-quality competitive employee benefits
In this role you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide mental health services for insured and uninsured. Provide direct therapeutic services to Heritage Health clients and maintain appropriate documentation.
- LCSW, LPC, LCPC, LMFT, LAMFT; Master’s degree in human service field with post graduate experiences and clinical endorsement.
- Working knowledge of Administrative procedure of a Federally funded community health center.
- Computer skills necessary to maintain client charts and communication within the organization.
- Must be able to pass Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Criminal History Unit enhanced background check.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of industry standards and licensure rules and regulations.
- Participate in reciprocal feedback from counselors and clients.
- Previous experience in counseling.
- Adhere to code of ethics for licensed discipline.
- Knowledge of community resources and networking skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct therapeutic services.
- Maintain and audit counseling charts.
- Attend monthly Mental/Behavioral health meeting.
- Attend all staff, provider meetings, and other meetings as necessary.
- Compliance with documentation standards set by the state and federal guidelines.
- Assessment and diagnosis.
- Service note completion within 48 hours of contact.
- Knowledge and use of evidence-based best practice therapeutic models.
- Role modeling, organizational, communication and guest-relation skills.
- Willingness to attend and participate in off-site meetings and/or seminars.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Heritage Health enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe working environment. Each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements, participating in emergency response tasks as requested, and serving on safety committees and teams as requested. In addition, employees must accept the responsibility for maintaining the safety of themselves and others by adhering to all written and verbal instructions, promptly reporting and/or correcting all hazards or unsafe conditions and providing feedback to supervisors and management on all safety issues.
Required to stand, sit, and be mobile one-third to two-thirds of the time. They are required to use hands or fingers to handle or feel over two-thirds of the time; while reaching with hands and arms occurs one-third of the day. Climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling or crouching occur less than one-third of the time. Communicating by talking/hearing occurs over two-thirds of the day. Amount of time spent lifting or exerting force is about 50% for up to 10 pounds and less than one-third of the time up to 25 – 40 pounds. Rarely is there a need to lift more than 41 pounds. Must be able to manage efficient keyboard use, hear, see, speak and read.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to solve complex practical problems
- Positive interpersonal, communication & persuasion skills over the phone, computer & in person
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives and assign priorities
- Deal with a wide variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines with a strong organization skill set for easy retrieval of information and to ensure competent closure of issues
- Ability to work overtime as needed, maintain alertness & meet the controlled substance policy.
- Good judgment and sound decision making and conflict management skills to inspire confidence from the customer
- Manage complex analysis and use deductive reasoning
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Work may be demanding and chaotic at times. Exposed to patient population that will present a variety of contagious diseases, physical injuries and emotional states of mind.
Heritage HealthWhy Work Here?
We value our employees' health and future by offering a competitive benefits package!
Heritage Health is a mission driven not for profit organization, committed to delivering a healthcare experience that provides hope, inspires change and extends life for our patients and our community.
AddressCoeur d'Alene, ID
HealthcareView all jobs at Heritage Health