Truck Driver (Local)
- Posted: over a month ago
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Drive and operate semi-vans, tankers and dump trailers as required.
- Will be given daily instruction to move loads consisting of customer materials, to a disposal site or client yard/facility.
- Prior to driving transportation equipment/prepares for daily trip by inspecting vehicle and equipment, fueling truck, and ensuring all equipment is in excellent operating order.
- Completes manifests or bill of lading documents, company issued forms, and other documents for every load managed. Inspects all loads so they are secure and ensures that they have the proper labels and markings.
- Maintains electronic hours of service for DOT compliance and state and federal regulations.
- Drives from the customer site to local hazardous waste and non-hazardous waste facility for unloading and disposal.
- Acts as a company representative with courtesy towards customer.
Heritage believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the company to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Education: High school diploma or its equivalent required.
Experience: Three years of Class A CDL driving experience required. Hazmat & Tanker endorsement required.
Knowledge and Abilities: This is a safety sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function. Good interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts. Ability to understand OSHA safety regulations and DOT regulations. Ability to understand RCRA compliance standards. Class A CDL with hazmat endorsement. Ability to pass Motor Vehicle Record Search to company standards. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
A post offer drug screen will be required.
EEO including disability/veteran
Heritage Environmental Services
AddressKansas City, MO
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Heritage Environmental Services