Field Service Driver/Operator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provide on-site operations of equipment and transportation of wastes to disposal facilities in a safe and conscientious manner providing value and customer satisfaction to internal and external customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Prepares for daily trip by inspecting vehicle and equipment, fueling truck and ensuring all equipment is in excellent operating order.
- Drives to customer service sites to collect waste material and / or transport hazardous and non-hazardous waste material to facility for unloading and disposal.
- Completes manifests, company documents, and other marking and placarding documents for every load managed.
- Maintains a logbook for D.O.T. compliance.
- Ability to operate high velocity vacuum trucks and all attachments.
Heritage believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the company to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Education: High School Diploma or its equivalent
Experience: Class B CDL with hazmat endorsement, air break endorsement and tanker endorsement required. One year experience driving type of equipment required for job, if being hired from outside of Heritage. Minimum of 6 months of Field Services experience before being eligible for promotion to this position.
Knowledge and Abilities: This is a safety sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts. Ability to understand RCRA compliance standards and OSHA safety regulations. Must meet Heritage driving qualifications with CDL. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
A post offer drug screen will be required.
EEO including disability/veteran
Heritage Environmental Services
AddressEast Chicago, IN
BusinessView all jobs at Heritage Environmental Services
Get fresh Waste Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!