- Over a month ago
Heritage-Crystal Clean (HCC) is a publicly traded company that continues to be a leader in the environmental services industry. We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a strong work ethic to join our rapidly growing company. HCC offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. We are willing to provide complete training for this opportunity!
Purpose: The Plant Operator is responsible for first and foremost, conducting his/her work in a safe manner at all times. Warehouse/Process Operators have the responsibility for preparation, review and monitoring of the shipping and receiving of material in and out of the facility, including containers and bulk deliveries. They are responsible for the operation of recycling equipment including material transfers and process unit operations, process monitoring and process adjustments.
- Responsible for working safely in all job aspects and functions. Promotes and fosters safety and efficiency in all Hub employees and activity.
- Takes direction from Recycle Facility Manager, as applicable.
- Unloads containerized material from inbound trailers in accordance with Company rules and regulations.
- Verifies inbound containers and container labeling are consistent with inbound paperwork and all applicable D.O.T. designations.
- Verifies container labeling and directs inbound containers to appropriate staging areas.
- Empties inbound material containers and fills containers with recycled and virgin product in preparation for outbound shipment, as needed.
- Unloads inbound materials from tanker trucks
- Transfers materials into or between storage/holding tanks on site
- Prepares materials and loads outbound trailers for Branch replenishment.
- Loads outbound waste trailers for third party disposal.
- Fills outbound tankers with recycled and virgin product or waste materials for transport to customers or other.
- Operates and maintains recycling equipment for optimum safe performance, including
- Update process logbooks with field activities and process adjustments, noting any variances, deviations, equipment malfunctions or environmental releases encountered during field readings
- Maintain and update process readings sheets to record operating conditions
- Calculate process yields when necessary
- Assist with utility (boiler/cooling towers/compressors) operations and inspections
- Develop ways and means to operate more effectively
- Complete shift handover communications
- Maintain housekeeping standards in own work area
- Adhere to all corporate policies and standards including but not limited to environmental and regulatory, human resources, facility, equipment operations and maintenance.
- Strong Mathematical and Mechanically reasoning ability
- The ability to work in team-based environment
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- 2+ years related experience
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Designations or Memberships
- High School Diploma
- Vocational training preferred
Must be willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local laws and regulations.
All applicants must pass the pre-employment physical including drug & alcohol screening
HCC expressly values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourages the applications of individuals from diverse backgrounds, so that HCC reflects the communities and customers that we serve.
Heritage Crystal Clean LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Heritage-Crystal Clean, LLC
AddressBattle Creek, MI
ManufacturingView all jobs at Heritage-Crystal Clean, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?