About the Role
Accurately conducts all credit and debit transactions in compliance with established bank policies and procedures. Receives and pays out money, and keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions by performing the following duties. Will be part of the Administration staff and will move from branch to branch as needed in the Reno/Sparks area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Hours: Mon -Thurs (1:15 to 5:15 PM), Fri (2:15 - 5:15 PM)
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Enters customers' transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Adheres to all applicable compliance requirements.
- Orders daily supply of cash, and counts incoming cash.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Explains, promotes, or cross sells bank products and services to new and existing customers.
- May cross train on new accounts.
- Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, automated teller machines and night depository.
- Ability to effectively utilize a personal computer and other standard office equipment.
- Must accurately and consistently balance cash drawer.
- Responsible for protecting bank from fraud.
- Understands policies and procedures of operations department.
- Trained on bank security.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Minimum of six months customer service experience.
- Minimum of six months cash handling experience.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond and assist customers with inquiries and/or problem resolution.
- Careful attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to identify customer financial needs, goals and objectives.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills.
- Previous banking/teller experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to operate a computer, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW:At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $12 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 8 states (Montana, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.#ZR