Position Summary: Pennock or Raymond, MN
The Ag Relationship Manager is part of a team of three- along with a Credit Manager and Business Associate, who manages a portfolio of Ag clients. The team’s three primary objectives are:
- To provide exceptional customer service by helping identify a client’s needs and then matching them with products and services offered by Heritage Bank
- To maintain a sound credit culture that consists of quality underwriting and on-going monitoring of the portfolio
- To grow our market share
The Ag Relationship Manager plays a large role in growing the portfolio. The Ag Relationship Manager meets with our existing clients to identify needs that they have and matches them to products and services that are offered by Heritage Bank. The Ag Relationship Manager is also responsible for expanding our client base by soliciting new clients to discuss ways that Heritage Bank can help them succeed.
Providing quality customer service is a must for the Ag Relationship Manager. This involves regular visits and correspondence with our existing clients, timely follow-up to issues that arise and adding value for the customer in your interactions.
A solid understanding of the products and services that Heritage Bank offers as well as alternative lending programs (SBA 7(a), SBA 504, FSA and other gap financing programs) is essential to be successful. A thorough knowledge of appropriate credit structuring is also a must.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develops and grows client relationships from within and outside existing customer base.
2. Deskwork- preparing proposals, logging sales calls, tracking product pipeline, resolving customer issues, etc.
3. Community Involvement
The statements contained in this job description describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person accepting this role. Secondary Duties and Responsibilities are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of the job.
This job description does not state or imply the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this job.
Employees holding this job will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Agricultural experience
- 4+ years previous experience in Ag Banking
- Previous credit experience
Heritage Bank in an EOE/AA/M/F/D