Physical Education Teacher - 2022/2023 School Year
Heritage Academy Inc Queen Creek, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Position is responsible for creating a classroom environment that fosters, promotes and develops an understanding of the relationship of healthy body function and exercise; that motivates each student to cultivate physical fitness, and appropriate social and emotional adjustment; that discovers and develop talents of students in physical achievement; and that develops strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each student’s ability. Work is performed under the supervision of the Principal.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teachers knowledge and skills in physical fitness and team sports utilizing curriculum designated by Athletic Director and in alignment with the Arizona State Standards.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning and implementing a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the instructional philosophy; provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of scholars.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school property
- Supervises students in and out of classroom activities
- Administers testing in accordance with District testing practices.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies, and school regulations.
- Participate in department, school, district, and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Competencies & Strengths
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred
Experience: 3-5 years of experience as a teacher in a formal academic setting is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education, or closely related major, is preferred
- Ability to enforce high standards of behavior, dress, and character in oneself and with students.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Professional and friendly disposition
- Proficient with computers and software applications including Microsoft Office tools.
Type of fingerprint clearance: Shall be fingerprint checked pursuant to A.R.S 15-512
Physical functions: Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment. Reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Equipment used: Frequent computer use is expected.
Work Environment: Typical office environment is expected in addition to outdoor weather.
Heritage Academy Inc
AddressQueen Creek, AZ
EducationView all jobs at Heritage Academy Inc