Kindergarten Teacher - 2022/2023 School Year
Heritage Academy Inc Queen Creek, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages scholars to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the Principal.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Support the mission, vision, and goals of Heritage Academy.
• Promote and adhere to Heritage Academy policies and procedures.
• Invest in the scholars’ well-being, health, and safety physically/socially/emotionally for ultimate academic excellence.
• Create a learning environment that is engaging and conducive to effective instruction; maintain standards of scholar behavior.
• Maintain a growth mindset toward scholar learning, teaching practice, and personal/collective professional development.
• Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
• Provide direct instruction using a traditional curriculum.
• Instruct and monitor scholars in the use of learning materials and equipment.
• Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
• Observe and evaluate scholars’ performance and development.
• Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments.
• Provide appropriate feedback on work.
• Maintain accurate and complete records of scholars’ progress and development.
• Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, policies, and regulations.
• Communicate necessary information regularly to scholars, colleagues, and parents regarding scholar progress and needs.
• Assume responsibility for meeting classroom and school-wide scholar performance goals.
• Reflect on teaching practices and strive to improve professional competence and scholar proficiency.
• Participate in department, school, and parent meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Competencies & Strengths
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred
Experience: 3-5 years of experience as a teacher preferred
• A Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field.
• Teaching certificate preferred.
• Ability to enforce high standards of behavior, dress, and character in oneself and with students.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Professional and friendly disposition
• Proficient with computers and software applications including Microsoft Office tools and Google Suite.
Type of fingerprint clearance: Shall be fingerprint checked pursuant to A.R.S 15-512
Physical functions: Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment. Reach with hands and arms and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Equipment used: Frequent computer use is expected.
Work Environment: Typical office environment is expected, occasional exposure to outdoor weather.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential function; it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Heritage Academy Inc
AddressQueen Creek, AZ
EducationView all jobs at Heritage Academy Inc