Junior High Latin Teacher
Heritage Academy Inc Mesa, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a secondary learning environment that guides and encourages scholars to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the Principal.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans, and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies, and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, district, and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Competencies & Strengths
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred
Experience: 3-5 years of experience as a teacher preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in classical languages is preferred to teach junior high school Latin courses.
- Ability to enforce high standards of behavior, dress, and character in oneself and with students.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Professional and friendly disposition
- Proficient with computers and software applications including Microsoft Office tools.
Type of fingerprint clearance: Shall be fingerprint checked pursuant to A.R.S 15-512
Physical functions: Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment. Reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Equipment used: Frequent computer use is expected.
Work Environment: Typical office environment is expected; occasional exposure to outdoor weather.