Elementary Music Teacher 2022/2023 School Year
Heritage Academy Inc Queen Creek, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary learning environment that guides and encourages scholars to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the Principal.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
• Develops schemes of work, lesson plans, and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
• Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
• Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
• Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
• Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
• Provide appropriate feedback on work.
• Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
• Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
• Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies, and school regulations.
• Prepare required reports on students and activities.
• Participate in department, school, district, and parent meetings.
• Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
• Prepare classroom for class activities.
• Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
• Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development.
• Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Competencies & Strengths
Education: Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in music education (or related major) with an emphasis in education/teaching preferred
Experience: 2-3 years of experience as a music teacher of youth required; experience in an academic setting preferred
• Ability to enforce high standards of behavior, dress, and character in oneself and with students.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Professional and friendly disposition
• Proficient with computers and software applications including Microsoft Office tools.
Type of fingerprint clearance: Shall be fingerprint checked pursuant to A.R.S 15-512
Physical functions: Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment. Reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Equipment used: Frequent computer use is expected.
Work Environment: Typical office environment is expected; occasional exposure to outdoor weather.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Heritage Academy Inc
AddressQueen Creek, AZ
EducationView all jobs at Heritage Academy Inc