Herff Jones, A Varsity Achievement Brand, is looking to hire a Prepress Technician (Seasonal). As a Seasonal Prepress Technician in the Fine Paper facility, you will create and update output files for offset and digital printing using InDesign and Acrobat Pro. In the role, the Prepress Technician completes the order process for all fine paper product lines and has the ability to monitor template consistency and correct exceptions and quality containment situations.
Seasonal full-time positions available
Season is September through May
Shift: Hours very due to peak season Monday through Friday
Overtime needed during peak season including Saturday
What we want you to accomplish:
- Maintain Master File Template consistency and quality by following department standard operating procedures.
- Understand all product job tickets and manufacturing specifications.
- Demonstrate a keen eye for detail and adhere to department quality standards.
What you’ll be doing on a daily basis:
- Prepress tickets according to standard operating procedures, redirecting issues when found.
- Participate in proofing and determining root cause of failure points.
- Communicate within and outside the department to clarify questions and keep production flow on target.
- Work within a team environment to achieve production goals.
- Maintain accurate production records to aid in production assessment and highlight key learning opportunities.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience in InDesign producing output files for print, experience with DataMerge and or DesignMergePro a plus.
- Understand vector separations as pertaining to design documents and layers within InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Proven proficiency in using a variety of math functions to calculate document dimension specifications using various measurement systems (fractions, decimals, percentages, etc.)
- High School Diploma
ABOUT HERFF JONES:
Indianapolis-based Herff Jones is the leading provider of graduation and educational products and services designed to inspire achievement and create memorable experiences for students. A division of Varsity Brands, Herff Jones’ products include class rings and jewelry, caps and gowns, yearbooks, diplomas and announcements as well as motivation and recognition programs. Focused on building long-term relationships through a nationwide network of over 2,000 employees and sales partners, the professionals at Herff Jones have been helping elevate the student experience throughout the lifelong journey of education for more than 99 years. For more information about Herff Jones or Varsity Brands, please visit www.herffjones.com or www.varsitybrands.com.
Herff Jones, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Herff Jones strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.