Herff Jones, A Varsity Achievement Brand, is looking to hire a Machine Operator to join the HJ Team. As a member of the Indy Production Team you will work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment printing high school and college announcements and diplomas to help our customers celebrate some of their greatest achievements. While you’ll lean heavily on your technical abilities, your greatest asset will be your drive and commitment to quality and safety. We live and work in a team environment and rely heavily on each other to assist across a variety of functions and on various machines, if you have a commitment to quality and a passion for your teammates, we want you!
This is a Regular Fulltime position.
Shift: Hours vary due to peak season Monday through Friday. Standard shift is 7:00am-3:45pm.
Overtime maybe needed during peak season including Saturday.
What we want you to accomplish:
- Learn to operate a variety of machines (Offset Press, Windmill, Engraving and others) to accurately produce world class print products (Diplomas, graduation announcements etc.)
- Read detailed work orders to determine setup specifications and efficiently set up your assigned machine
- Initiate trial runs to verify accuracy of machine setup
- Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed
What you’ll be doing on a daily basis:
- Follow standard operating procedures, maintain a neat and organized work area
- Perform routine adjustments during the press run and maintain quality throughout the run
- Perform all assigned work effectively and on schedule
- Follow and maintain safe manufacturing practices when working with all machinery
- Maintain records of daily production, using paper and electronic forms (Microsoft Excel)
- Perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring to the table:
- Proven ability (1 year or more preferred) to excel in a high production manufacturing environment which focuses on safety, quality control and organization
- Demonstrated success operating commercial printing equipment preferred
- Multiple examples of assisting teammates and working across different departments for short on long periods
- Previous success maintaining a strong attendance and on time record
Education / Certifications Required:
- High School or GED
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Daily activity includes but is not limited to lifting, carrying, sitting, fingering, grasping, reaching, standing, kneeling, walking
- Reading, communication, simple math
- Standing on a fatigue mat in a specific area throughout an 8 hour+ shift
- Be able to regularly move up to 50lbs
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to above
ABOUT HERFF JONES
Indianapolis-based Herff Jones is the leading provider of graduation and educational products and services designed to inspire achievement and create memorable experiences for students. A division of Varsity Brands, Herff Jones’ products include class rings and jewelry, caps and gowns, yearbooks, diplomas and announcements as well as motivation and recognition programs. Focused on building long-term relationships through a nationwide network of over 2,000 employees and sales partners, the professionals at Herff Jones have been helping elevate the student experience throughout the lifelong journey of education for more than 99 years. For more information about Herff Jones or Varsity Brands, please visit www.herffjones.com or www.varsitybrands.com.
Herff Jones, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Herff Jones strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.