As a digital marketing intern with Herff Jones, you will have the opportunity to assist with in-house digital campaigns while learning the ins and outs of multiple digital marketing channels from experts on the team. You’ll be working with the team to help improve online visibility for Herff Jones in various ways and promote multiple product lines through digital channels. Flexible hours are available to accommodate student schedules, although you will probably want to hang out with us all day, every day.
What You'll Learn
- More about the digital marketing ecosystem as a whole, and how certain areas fit together
- How to better define an online audience through personas and customer profiles
- How to segment and implement an email campaign for optimal success
- All the basics of search engine optimization, from keyword research to on-site optimization, off-site optimization and some technical search engine optimization (SEO).
- New, industry-relevant tools to measure growth and effectiveness
- Which factors, across multiple digital channels, are most important for analyzing a campaign’s success
- How to document and analyze website content across multiple web properties
- How to make basic updates to websites in Wordpress
- A whole bunch of other useful stuff that will impress your peers, professors, and future employers
How You'll Help Us
- Email campaign implementation and optimization
- Report on campaign performance
- Basic on-site SEO tasks
- Outreach and promotion of content
- Audit content from multiple web properties
- Make copy changes to multiple websites
Who are you?
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You aren’t afraid to meet and speak with new people.
- You are a creative problem solver.
- You genuinely enjoy pushing yourself.
- You can set and maintain a schedule effectively.
- You are eager to learn new things and face new challenges.
- You are a team player that recognizes other people’s strengths.
- You are a go-getter that isn’t afraid to share new ideas.
- You are an optimistic person that likes to have fun.
If you are detail-oriented but process agnostic: you care about customer needs and the end product over all other things. And, you are passionate about celebrating student achievement and showcasing student journeys and stories through digital marketing. We would love to meet you!
ABOUT HERFF JONES
Indianapolis-based Herff Jones is the leading provider of graduation and educational products and services designed to inspire achievement and create memorable experiences for students. A division of Varsity Brands, Herff Jones’ products include class rings and jewelry, caps and gowns, yearbooks, diplomas and announcements as well as motivation and recognition programs. Focused on building long-term relationships through a nationwide network of over 2,000 employees and sales partners, the professionals at Herff Jones have been helping elevate the student experience throughout the lifelong journey of education for more than 99 years. For more information about Herff Jones or Varsity Brands, please visit www.herffjones.com or www.varsitybrands.com.
Herff Jones, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Herff Jones strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.