Estimator / Mechanical Engineer
- Posted: 5 days ago
- $50,000 to $65,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Estimator will primarily responsible for analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services related to sheet metal fabrication of HVAC duct systems.
We are proud to be employee owned. As an employee-owned company, each employee has a stake in the success of the company, so our teams are highly incentivized to work together.
Being an employee-owned company means decisions are made with the wellbeing of employee-owners in mind. As a result, our culture, benefits, and success make us one of the industry leaders.
To learn more about being part of an Employee Owned Company (ESOP), please click on this link: https://www.nceo.org/article/working-esop
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares estimates for sheet metal fabrication of HVAC duct systems.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists. Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education/Experience:
- Ability to read and understand specifications and blueprints.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preparing estimates for sheet metal fabrication of HVAC duct systems preferred.
- Strong math aptitude and analytical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of PC environment and MS Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must be customer oriented and motivated with excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks under time constraints and strict deadlines.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to verify and calculate figures such as cost/sale and/or margins. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required to accurately complete assigned tasks.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate level knowledge of Word Processing software and Spreadsheet software.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to use sound judgment and problem-solving skills to analyze customer problems and to recommend the proper course of action. Ability to organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
ATTENDANCE DEMANDS: The attendance demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Attendance is required Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. or within normal business hours as established by the supervisor. Employee may be required to work overtime, and occasional Saturday’s and Sunday’s.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; walk and stand; use hands, handle, or feel; and required to speak, read, and hear English. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion.
- This position may on occasion be exposed to extreme weather conditions that may affect a warehouse environment.
- This is a fast-paced environment.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Hercules Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or other legally protected status.
Comprehensive benefits are an important component of an employee's compensation package. Hercules recognizes the contribution of every team member and therefore is pleased to offer a competitive and cost-effective benefits package to support your needs and long-term goals.
Hercules Industries offers the following insurance: medical, dental, vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Employee Life Insurance (Basic Life/AD&D and Voluntary Life AD&D). We pay Holiday, vacation, and sick time; as well as a Flexible Spending Plan, Wellness Program, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
We offer a 401(k) Savings Plan and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Effective October 1, 2019, Hercules became an employee-owned company. An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan.
Hercules encourages and supports participation in service activities that contribute to our community. Employees are permitted to take three paid hours of work time per month to participate in an approved community service activity.
499 Industrial Ave. North East AlbuquerqueAlbuquerque, NM
ManufacturingView all jobs at Hercules Industries
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?