Delivery Driver / Warehouse Cheyenne
Hercules Industries Cheyenne, WY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are hiring a Delivery Driver/Warehouse Worker. This is a non CDL position. The Delivery Driver/Warehouse Worker is primarily responsible for delivering merchandise to customer locations and job sites. Also responsible for picking up returned goods. The position of Delivery Driver/Warehouse Worker will also be responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions including the receiving, storing, handling, shipping, and preparing of product for customer delivery while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion.
Founded in 1962, Hercules Industries is privately held and one of America's most efficient and dependable manufacturers and wholesale distributors of high-quality HVAC sheet metal products and equipment. Hercules, with corporate headquarters in Denver, CO, is one of the largest companies of its type in the Western and Midwestern United States, operating four manufacturing facilities and twenty sales and distribution centers in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas.
Hercules Industries is ranked #1 in Colorado and #20 in the nation for all HVAC distributors in the Top 50 Distributors of 2017. We are ranked #10 by Coloradobiz in The Top 50 Family Owned Companies in Colorado 2017. Visit us at www.herculesindustries.com to learn more about our company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for planning delivery route to insure the most economical use of time and equipment.
· Performs a variety of duties in the delivery of orders to customer locations and jobsites.
· Obtains or pulls material to fill pick tickets from storage yard and warehouse. Verifies quantities and items being shipped against the invoice. Loads merchandise into the company vehicle.
· Delivers merchandise to the appropriate customers using the company vehicle. Also responsible for ensuring that delivery receipt is signed by the customer.
· Picks up merchandise returns from customers. Also responsible for inspecting the condition of the merchandise and verifying quantities and catalog numbers.
· Maintains assigned equipment in clean condition. Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or necessary repairs to supervisor.
· Verifies the quantity and description of materials received by checking merchandise against the packing lists and purchase orders.
· Driver is responsible for delivering merchandise to customer locations and job sites. Also responsible for picking up returned goods.
· Excellent attendance record required.
· Ability to work overtime as needed.
· Ability to transport, gather, distribute and stock material in a safe, efficient, manner.
· Other duties as assigned to keep warehouse organized and orderly at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED General knowledge of warehouse procedures and ability to operate material handling equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers to aid in satisfying customer requirements.
- Experience with Latitude Warehouse Management System desired.
- Ability to organize and prioritize job tasks and requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws, defensive driving, and demonstrated ability to operate assigned vehicle.
- Must have good driving record and may be required to have a Commercial Driver’s License (dependent upon the equipment operated).
- Excellent attendance record required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize job tasks and requirements.
- Able to work overtime as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Ability to pass a Background Check and Drug Screen.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to write and read routine reports or job orders. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees within the organization. Ability to speak, read and hear English
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a documents and instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
ATTENDANCE DEMANDS: Attendance is required Monday through Friday within normal business hours as established by the Warehouse Supervisor. Employee may be required to work overtime.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to grasp and lift and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb and balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific visual abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· Exposure to hot and cold temperatures. Employee would be working both inside and outside and on elevated balconies.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Hercules Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or other legally protected status.
Hercules IndustriesWhy Work Here?
We are now Employee Owned and ranked #1 in Colorado and #11 in the nation for all HVAC distributors in the Top 50 Distributors of 2020.
Founded in Denver in 1962 by William E. Newland, Hercules Industries is one of the largest companies of its type in the Western and Midwestern United States. We operate four manufacturing facilities and twenty sales and distribution centers in Colorado (Denver, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Pueblo, Grand Junction), Utah (Salt Lake City, Sandy), Arizona (Tempe, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Tucson, Surprise), New Mexico (Albuquerque, Roswell, Las Cruces), Wyoming (Casper, Cheyenne), and Texas (El Paso). Hercules Industries is one of America's most efficient and dependable manufacturers and wholesale distributors of high-quality HVAC sheet metal products and equipment. Comprehensive benefits are an important component of an employee's compensation package. Hercules recognizes the contribution of every team member and therefore is pleased to offer a competitive and cost-effective benefits package to support your needs and long-term goals. Hercules provides Basic Life/Basic AD&D and Voluntary Term Life/Voluntary AD&D Insurance, paid Sick time, a Wellness Plan, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Effective October 1, 2019, Hercules became an employee-owned company. An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan. ew Other benefits are offered through the Local 9 Sheet Metal Union.
204 North American RoadCheyenne, WY
Transportation and Storage