Come join a mission-driven company where you make a difference. The IT Director is responsible for overall planning, organization, and execution of all IT functions. This includes directing all IT operations for supply chain and retail operations as well as supporting and maintaining existing applications and developing new technical solutions that enhance a fair trade, non-profit, mission-driven business model.
- Working with the Director of Operations to evaluate business technology needs, assess priorities for IT resources, and develop high-level strategies to meet technology needs.
- Providing vision and leadership for IT projects, in the research and development of new solutions and in their implementation.
- Directing and managing IT staff to support, maintain and develop reliable, effective, economical, secure systems.
- Developing and managing the IT budget to advance the company's strategic initiatives.
- Communicating clearly with timely information on IT initiatives for executives, managers, staff, and retail management.
- Direct and manage IT staff to function as a cohesive team to provide systems development and support across the organization.
- Project, purchase, maintain, and manage required hardware and software.
- Coordinate technical support for office and warehouse functions as well as for company stores and contract stores.
- Ensure that security measures are taken both internally and externally to adequately safeguard our systems.
- Maintain and expand as necessary the communication networks between the office, warehouse, stores, and external resources.
- Develop the IT department budget and organization-wide hardware and software budgets.
- Hire, train, coach, develop, motivate direct reports and hold them accountable.
Preferred Experience and Education
- College degree or equivalent with training or experience in systems analysis and design
- A minimum of four years of experience both in system administration and software development and design
- Experience administering servers and systems in a Windows environment
- Strong personnel management experience - proven experience in managing system engineers, programmers, and help desk support staff
- Strong oral and written communication skills - will be required to interact with executives, managers, staff as well as store managers, staff, and board members
- Problem-solving skills - will need to analyze business problems, interpret information, evaluate issues and identify effective technical and software solutions
- Strong project management experience - proven experience developing, managing, and completing programming projects, software/hardware upgrades, and implementation projects
- Ability to provide leadership and take initiative within IT while fostering teamwork and camaraderie.
- Paid PTO and sick time
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with FSA
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability coverage
- Retirement plan
Equal Opportunity Employer
Herbein Mosteller HR SolutionsAkron, PA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.