Sales and Operations Planner-Buyer (S&OP) (hybrid work schedule)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Sales and Operations Planner-Buyer operates and functions as a core team member of the Supply Chain / Demand Planning group supporting best practice methodology in a fully integrated SAP-driven global operating environment. This is a highly visible and key role representing both the Master Planning and Procurement groups across all levels of the Heraeus global organization.
The incumbent drives and coordinates the USA & Canada forecasting / customer demand planning process for identified Sales regions. Plans and coordinates the Procurement process of identified purchased goods and services at USA site locations as needed to support manufacturing and site requirements. Maintains optimal inventory levels of raw materials to support manufacturing through effective planning and purchasing in support of key process indicators including but not limited to OTD (customer on-time delivery fulfillment rate), and DIO (days of inventory on-hand) levels utilizing the tools of SAP. Operates as a cross-functional key team member for essential product change management collaboration activities in close partnership and mutual collaboration with various Heraeus Electro Nite teams locally and globally.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
S&OP Master Planning (approximately 70%)
- Responsible for continuous mutual collaboration with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service groups to develop, load in SAP, and maintain monthly customer product forecasts in support of Heraeus S&OP demand management process for designated Sales regions in North America. Requires working closely and fully partnering with our Sales Service Engineers at customer sites to solicit Voice of the Customer (VOC) product demand data essential in creating accurate product forecasts, in support of Heraeus Forecast Accuracy metric and to insure harmonized product availability for our customers in support of Heraeus On-Time Delivery (OTD) metric.
- Review, analyze, and create future product forecast data against historical actual product consumption data to create robust and accurate SAP forecasts that in turn drive MRP planning, while understanding and incorporating product changes and market trends into future forecasts.
- On a monthly rotational basis and in close partnership with other Sales & Operations Planner/Buyer, execute the monthly global S&OP forecast extract process in SAP for North America which updates and refreshes MRP planning.
- Function as a key contributor in the Heraeus ECN product change management process that requires the ability to partner with all global organizational levels and groups to provide expertise and gain buy-in including but not limited to: Sales, Operations, Marketing, Customer Service, Engineering, and PDM.
- SAP Master Data: Continually maintain and update Planning records & Material Master Planning data fields to assure MRP optimization and accuracy, and to minimize the potential for creation of SLOB (slow moving/obsolete inventory) through the product change management process.
- Develop cross-functional relationships partnering closely with representatives from various HEN groups including but not limited to Finance, Engineering, and Quality to enable the successful completion of all Master Planning activities. Additionally partner closely with global counterparts at other Heraeus Electro Nite divisions worldwide fostering open and positive communications and information sharing.
Procurement (approximately 30%)
- Direct Procurement: operate as a Purchasing Buyer utilizing MRP tools and functionality in SAP to purchase raw materials contained in Heraeus Electro Nite Bills of Material (BOM). Effectively plan and initiate cost-effective purchases for designated raw materials from 3rd party and intercompany supply base while maintaining optimal inventory levels and insuring on-time delivery in support of production requirements. Provide follow-up vendor & PO management services as needed to designated vendor portfolio. Develop and maintain strong vendor partnerships with the external Heraeus supplier base.
- Indirect Procurement: provide a support role to the Indirect Procurement Buyer using the tools & functionality of SAP to purchase non-BOM goods and services including but not limited to: MRO (maintenance, repair, and operating supplies), equipment and machinery, internal & external site vendor services, office and computer supplies, etc.
- Cost Management: Continuously strive to negotiate and assure that we are purchasing materials in the most cost-effective manner possible in support of Heraeus cost-savings objectives. Perpetually initiate RFQ’s from current and prospective suppliers to insure multiple Procurement options, best pricing, and product availability.
- Vendor Management: Research and identify potential new suppliers as needed and develop highly effective relationships with Heraeus Electro Nite supplier base in support of proper vendor management and vendor partnerships. Participate and attend vendor meetings as needed.
- SAP Master Data: Continually maintain and update SAP purchasing data and MRP parameters including but not limited to Info Records, Source Lists, Material Masters. Assist as needed in annual market price and budget cost evaluations.
- Supplier Quality: collaborate with Heraeus Electro Nite Quality department utilizing DMR system to investigate & reconciling any issued Defective Material Reports. Support the DMR process of establishing root cause/corrective action and drive the resulting Procurement actions including returns, credits, or replacements from supplier. Work closely and partner with Quality and Engineering groups in support of new vendor qualification process.
What is Required for this Role
- 4-Year College Degree in Business or related area, or comparable proven work experience
- Prior manufacturing experience in Planning, Procurement, or related functional areas
- Demonstrated knowledge in MRP and Inventory Management principles
- Demonstrated knowledge in basic accounting principles
- Demonstrated leadership aptitude and highly professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, TEAM player an absolute must
- Resourceful, analytical, and results driven
- Strong negotiator and ability to gain buy-in from a diverse group
- Ability to develop strong internal & external cross-functional partnerships
- Prior Demand Management and Manufacturing experience is required
- Prior SAP experience (PTP-PTFG) and thorough understanding of MRP is required
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
- Annual Bonus
- Challenging and exciting work environment
- Stable Company with development and advancement opportunities
- Paid Time Off Immediately
- Holiday Pay Immediately
- Tuition Assistance Available
- Wellness Incentives
Learn more about us at www.heraeus-electro-nite.com!
Heraeus Electro-Nite, Co. LLC
Get fresh Sales Operation jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.