Waste Specialist (ERTS) - Remote opportunity working EST hours
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HEPACO (www.hepaco.com) is the premier environmental and emergency services company in the Eastern United States with coverage across 45+ regional locations. We specialize in emergency response, remediation, and industrial, marine, and waste services. HEPACO services a multitude of industries including transportation, utilities, energy, environmental consultants, industrial facilities, terminals, environmental service companies, general contractors, property owners, and the public sector through our Environmental and Remediation Services divisions.
Our distinction is our strong focus on quality, safety, and customer service. Throughout our history, HEPACO personnel have led the industry with new methods and approaches. Our motivated team consistently exceeds industry standards in all aspects of our work. We offer state-of-the-art remediation technologies, equipment, and a staff dedicated to a unique standard of excellence in environmental cleanup.
As a subsidiary of HEPACO, ERTS (www.ertsonline.com) provides 24/7/365 emergency spill response management nationwide to the transportation, oil and gas, chemical, manufacturing, and insurance industries. We provide a complete turnkey service managing environmental affairs involving emergency spill response, remediation, regulatory reporting and waste management. To provide coverage to all of North America, we utilize a network of qualified pre-screened network contractors with preferred negotiated rates and discounts. One call puts you in contact with our trained, experienced project management staff who are capable of handling your spill response or waste management needs.
As a member of HEPACO’S ERTS team, the Waste Specialist is responsible for timely waste disposal, regulatory compliance and client satisfaction while keeping cost effectiveness in mind.
- In support of new and existing clients, accurately log and update information from client interactions into proprietary ALERT systems in a timely manner so clients can track services inquiries and resolution.
- Complete profiling of terminal waste, and creation of labels to provide to client for identification purposes.
- Provides technical assistance on environmental related issues.
- Assists clients in obtaining needed paperwork SDS, BOL, OSND, photos, waste inventory from other providers and facilities.
- Monitor and provide OSHA compliance requirements support which includes but is not limited to establishing effective relationships with departmental representatives.
- Report project status using a variety of methods to departmental representatives.
- Update internal ALERT system to reflect current actively/communication to client.
- Manage hazardous and chemical waste programs for clients onsite following Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Department of Transportation (DOT), and other state and federal government agencies’ regulations
- Coordinate and ensure proper disposal of hazardous waste and maintain accurate reporting to Federal, State, and local agencies.
- Execute onsite support services for the entire lifecycle of hazardous materials management programs at client sites by performing chemical inventories, segregating chemicals, and shipping hazardous waste off-site.
- Characterize, consolidate, pack, and ship hazardous waste for clients per RCRA and DOT regulations
- Train clients on proper chemical safety and hazardous waste management.
- Performs periodic field investigations as needed to build and maintain necessary databases to verify regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining EPA compliance.
- Provide recommendation for site/terminal employee regarding compliance.
- Maintain the highest standards of compliance on behalf of client.
- Review analytical results to ensure compliance meeting specific state/province requirement and accomplish site closure.
- Submit written, electronic, and intake reports to regulatory agencies.
- Manage proper disposal of all waste.
- Schedule contractors if needed to identify, repack, sample of “unknown waste”
- Audit all subcontractor work orders/invoices for accuracy.
- Input correct information into the ALERT system, including use of correct grammar and spelling, accurate selection of all appropriate categories, and addition of any notes or comments pertinent to the contact and/or contact record.
- Provide and maintain excellent customer service and satisfaction.
- Ensure all DOT, OSHA, safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site-specific safety plans are following throughout disposal activities.
- Ensure that all SOP and client special instruction are performed and are compliant.
- Communicate effectively to contractors, clients, regulatory officials, and colleagues, through both written and verbal communication.
- Return all internal and external calls, emails and facsimiles in a timely manner to ensure that customers’ concerns are understood, addressed and resolved in an efficient and complete manner.
- Maintains professional competency in all aspects of the job.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
Skills, Qualifications & Other Requirements
- 3+ years of applicable industry experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field: Environmental Science, Chemistry, Waste Management, Health, Safety, Emergency Management, (or similar major) or related field; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Direct hazardous material response experience is required.
- HAZWOPER, RCRA, DOT, OSHA training certificates required.
- Experience with RCRA, OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Waste Specialist’s work 8-hour shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a pre-employment background check.
- The candidate MUST possess strong time management skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, & ability to manage multiple projects in a changing fast-paced environment.
- Data entry (40 WPM), excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be computer literate, well versed in standard Office Word and spreadsheet programs, as well as software used by ERTS.
- Able to orchestrate large volumes of data while meeting critical deadlines while remaining calm and confident during stressful situations.
- Must be a team player and work to accomplish common goals in the department.
- They must exemplify professionalism in personal appearance and demeanor.
- This position regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking while talking and listening. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds or more with assistance.
Be a part of the HEPACO Difference!
- Weekly pay, competitive PTO program and company-paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurance options
- 401k plan with company matching contributions
- Professional Training & Education Assistance Program
- Wellness benefits and LifeMart employee discount program
HEPACO is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
HEPACO participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. / HEPACO participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Hepaco Inc
Get fresh Waste Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.