Regional Health and Safety Manager- Carolinas
- Posted: over a month ago
Regional Safety Specialist
- Direct the implementation of safety and training requirements.
- Perform safety audits of Superior HEPACO projects and personnel.
- Inspect safety equipment for proper working condition, integrity and maintenance.
- Participate in new employee training and company introductions
- Help, establish, update and conduct safety program orientation and training for new and current employees
- Participate in medical surveillance program.
- Provide technical advice regarding safety equipment and safety procedures to personnel.
- Oversee near miss-program
- Investigate employee injuries and manage the medical response as needed.
- Develop and implement effective processes and programs intended to reduce safety risk to HEPACO employees and other stakeholders
- Serves as a member of the HEPACO safety management team whose role is to establish objectives of the HEPACO safety management system and to implement processes to achieve those objectives
- Develop, review and update safety and health programs and procedures for HEPACO and clients
- Assists in measuring safety performance of employees and communicating performance to management
- Oversees and participates in the safety inspection / audit program
- Identifies and analyzes recognized workplace hazards and implements corrective actions to minimize occurrence and severity of incidents and injuries
- Helps review and revise injury and incident investigation procedures
- Conducts and assists with regularly scheduled safety meetings at HEPACO locations
- Monitors OSHA, DOT and EPA requirements on an ongoing basis to ensure HEPACO compliance with applicable regulations
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of five (5) years related experience in hazardous materials or safety field
- Extensive travel required (approx. 75% travel). Position is expected to work remotely.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency using Microsoft Office products.
- High degree of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Certification in Safety and Hazardous Materials field, such as CSP, CHMM, CET a plus
- Good working knowledge of OSHA, DOT and RCRA regulations
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive attitude towards safety within all levels of the organization
- Strong knowledge of Health and Safety regulations, including: PRCS, LO/TO, 40 Hr HAZWoper, PRCS Rescue, Fall Protection, PPE, etc.
Physical & Safety Requirements
- The incumbent must be able to visit and tour facilities, including climbing stairs, cat-walks, climbing tank ladders, etc.
- This position may require exposure to hazardous environments and require the wearing of a respirator.
- This position requires adherence with DOT Drug and Alcohol testing requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must be able to perform field safety inspections, enter confined spaces, and respond to emergencies.
BusinessView all jobs at Hepaco Inc