Regional HR Business Partner
As a Regional HR Business Partner, you will be a key strategic partner for regional leadership and a valuable resource for team members. Whether through onboarding, performance management or giving leaders and team members the guidance that they need to be successful, you will be a knowledgeable and committed resource. You'll make a positive impact on how team members experience organizational change, and you'll use data and work closely with leaders to build the teams that achieve their specific business goals. You'll also work closely with our leaders to recruit, retain, develop, and optimize the performance and engagement of individuals and teams. You'll think innovatively to solve problems and deliver excellent HR services with quality and efficiency.
While mainly working from a home office environment, this position will support an assigned geographic region, traveling to HEPACO branch locations as needed to provide effective support. Candidates must reside within one of the following metro areas: GA-Atlanta; FL – Tampa, Jacksonville; TN – Nashville, Chattanooga; MO – St Louis; AL - Birmingham).
Reporting directly to the CHRO, the HR Business Partner will provide leadership and counsel to operational partners in issue resolution, policy and process development, policy adherence, and process renewal to ensure compliance with HEPACO’s policies, as well as federal and state employment legislation. The right candidate will be able to strike the balance between day-to-day requirements of Human Resources and a strategic and operational view that links the role of HR to business needs.
- Provide direction, leadership, and support on all HR related processes/activities to managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Participate with functional leaders and others as necessary to develop and implement strategic organization plans and workforce / staffing plans.
- Coach team members in the areas of communication skills, career paths, promoting a positive work environment (e.g. HEPACO Core Values); strengthening internal alignment and collaboration.
- Lead people processes (performance management, compensation planning, talent management) and assist managers and employees in timely and accurate completion of the processes.
Positive Employee Relations
- Serve as an employee advocate by establishing workforce relationships.
- Partner with the CHRO and Legal Counsel as required to respond to external inquiries.
- Champion HEPACO’s Core Values and Code of Conduct standards, behaviors, and compliance.
- Represent the company in outside community activities.
- Monitor HR compliance within the assigned region, including 3rd party contractors.
Training and People Development
- Support the design and delivery of training activities as needed.
- Ensure effective on-boarding and assimilation processes for new employees within the region.
- Identify and implement forward-thinking HR solutions based on an understanding of relevant business operations and strategies aligned with HEPACO’s overall HR strategy.
- Use people analytics tools to inform HR actions (e.g. career planning, targeted compensation, incentives, retention, etc.); demonstrate an understanding of issues and trends impacting workforce development and business needs.
- Partner with CHRO and other senior leadership to influence and execute HR strategy, policies, and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience, at least 2 years in an HR Business Partner role
- Ability to use business tools to analyze and prepare data
- Strong project management, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience in:
- Providing HR strategic advice and coaching to business leaders
- Managing conflict and employee relations matters
- Development and implementation of HR initiatives
- Experience in:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish, fluent spoken & written)
- Ability to travel up to 50% (domestic)
- One or more HR Specialty Area (Compensation, Benefits, People Relations, People Development, Talent Acquisition, Diversity & Inclusion, People Analytics, Organization Development/Design)
- Proficiency in using ADP WorkforceNow HR system
- Experience supporting a workforce subject to DOT regulation and safety-sensitive/high-haz work, in a 24/7/365 operations environment
HEPACO is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
HEPACO participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. / HEPACO participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.
Hepaco IncNashville, TN
BusinessView All Hepaco Inc Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.