Project Manager (Environmental/Waste Svcs, ER) - remote
Project Manager (Environmental/Waste Services, Emergency Response) - remote
HEPACO (www.hepaco.com) is the premier environmental and emergency services company in the Eastern United States with coverage across 45+ regional locations. We specialize in emergency response, remediation, and industrial, marine, and waste services. HEPACO services a multitude of industries including transportation, utilities, energy, environmental consultants, industrial facilities, terminals, environmental service companies, general contractors, property owners, and the public sector through our Environmental and Remediation Services divisions.
Our distinction is our strong focus on quality, safety, and customer service. Throughout our history, HEPACO personnel have led the industry with new methods and approaches. Our motivated team consistently exceeds industry standards in all aspects of our work. We offer state-of-the-art remediation technologies, equipment, and a staff dedicated to a unique standard of excellence in environmental cleanup.
As a subsidiary of HEPACO, ERTS (www.ertsonline.com) provides 24/7/365 emergency spill response management nationwide to the transportation, oil and gas, chemical, manufacturing, retail, and insurance industries. We provide a complete turnkey service managing environmental affairs involving emergency spill response, remediation, regulatory reporting, and waste management. To provide coverage to all North America, we utilize a network of qualified pre-screened network contractors with preferred negotiated rates and discounts. One call puts the ERTS client in contact with our trained and experienced project management staff who are capable of meeting ERTS clients’ spill response or waste management needs.
Reporting to the the Vertical Program Management, the Project Manager position is responsible for providing the full range of emergency spill responses management, and supervision required for the successful performance, and completion of projects.
Maintaining a strong focus on safety and quality, you'll have responsibility for organizing, leading, and successfully completing projects to assure appropriate regulatory closure of each incident. The Project Manager also participates in the sales and marketing process by providing input to the Director of Project Management to support each client expectations and growth of services provided.
While our ERTS office is located in Jacksonville, FL, this individual may work remotely from within the United States during EST hours.
- Primary oversite Manager of each incident to assure client’s response is performed as expected by regulatory agencies and authorities.
- Develop and communicate scope of work expected to maintain environmental compliant instructions to on-scene contractors to assure project closure in a cost-effective manner.
- Perform the full range of project management duties including, but not limited to planning & organizing, contract compliance, quality control, project accounting, health & safety oversight, and effective resource management.
- Actively participate in the project bidding/quoting and contracting process; effectively use professional experience to ensure quality and accuracy of contract terms, ability to perform work and deliver upon client expectations.
- Ensure adherence with company policies related to procurement and safety while managing expenses in line with budget.
- Effectively lead, engage and mentor ERTS team members assigned to project portfolio and provide input to performance management process participate.
- Provide timely and accurate project cost reporting, revenue reporting, and other financial data as required.
- Uphold ERTS mission and values while demonstrating supportive behaviors in day-to-day actions.
Skills, Qualifications & Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, Environmental Engineering, Geology or related area preferred; plus, five (5) years relevant experience to include leading people/teams. Alternately, any equivalent combination of training, education and experience demonstrates the ability to effectively perform the duties of the position.
- Effective organization and time management skills, able to prioritize and see tasks through to completion with minimal oversight.
- Collaborative spirit - ability to effectively communicate and motivate in team settings and across various levels of organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 suite (Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience with Hyland OnBase a plus
- This position regularly requires sitting at a computer for an extended period of time.
Project Managers will work both in a typical office environment and at on-site project locations which typically include abandoned warehouses or buildings or outdoor areas. The work environment at a potential or actual project location is usually dirty, dusty, noisy, contains hazardous/or potentially hazardous substances or materials and is subject to inclement or extreme weather conditions. Although travel is minimal it is required from time to on large events requiring on scene management.
Be a part of the HEPACO-ERTS Team Difference!
- Weekly pay, competitive PTO program and company-paid holidays
- Opportunity for overtime and emergency response premium pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurance options
- 401k plan with company matching contribution
- Professional Training & Education Assistance Program
- Wellness benefits and LifeMart employee discount program
HEPACO is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
HEPACO participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. / HEPACO participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.
Hepaco IncAllentown, PA
Energy and EnvironmentView All Hepaco Inc Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.