Project Manager (Environmental Services Remediation)
HEPACO is the premier environmental and emergency services company in the Eastern United States with coverage across 45+ regional locations. We specialize in emergency response, remediation, and industrial, marine, and waste services. HEPACO services a multitude of industries including transportation, utilities, energy, environmental consultants, industrial facilities, terminals, environmental service companies, general contractors, property owners, and the public sector through our Environmental and Remediation Services divisions.
Our National Remediation branches is growing and seeking an experienced Environmental Services / ER Project Manager to join our team. Maintaining a strong focus on safety and quality, you'll have responsibility for organizing, leading, and successfully completing projects in the region. The Project Manager also participates in the sales and marketing process by providing critical inputs during the bidding/quoting phase. This position reports directly to the Branch Manager and works in close collaboration with the Territory Account Manager.
- Perform the full range of project management duties including, but not limited to: planning & organizing, contract compliance, quality control, project accounting, health & safety oversight, and effective resource management
- Actively participate in the project bidding/quoting and contracting process; effectively use professional experience to ensure quality and accuracy of contract terms, ability to perform work and deliver upon client expectations
- Collaborate with Territory Account Manager and Branch Manager in business development activities
- Ensure adherence with company policies related to procurement and safety, manage expenses in line with budget
- Effectively lead, engage and mentor HEPACO team members assigned to project portfolio; handle routine personnel matters, provide inputs to performance management process, participate in regional recruiting activities
- Ensure safe and proper operation of company-owned vehicles and equipment
- Provide timely and accurate project cost reporting, revenue reporting, and other financial data as required
- Uphold HEPACO mission and values, and demonstrate supporting behaviors in day-to-day actions
- Other duties as required
Skills, Qualifications & Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology or related area preferred; plus five (5) years relevant experience to include leading people/teams. Alternately, any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to effectively perform the duties of the position.
- Effective organization and time management skills, able to prioritize and see tasks through to completion with minimal oversight
- Collaborative spirit - ability to effectively communicate and motivate in team settings and across various levels of organization
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 suite (Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Prior experience with Hyland OnBase a plus
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) and/or eRailSafe security clearance, successfully complete 8-hour safety orientation and 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification
Must be able to satisfactorily pass a pre-employment and annual physical examination as required under HEPACO’s Medical Surveillance Program. This position regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and kneeling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance.
Project Managers will work both in a typical office environment and at on-site project locations which typically include abandoned warehouses or buildings or outdoor area. The work environment at a potential or actual project location is usually dirty, dusty, noisy, contains hazardous/or potentially hazardous substances or materials and is subject to inclement or extreme weather conditions. Frequent travel is required. This position is exempt from overtime.
Be a part of the HEPACO Difference!
- Weekly pay, competitive PTO program and company-paid holiday
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurance options
- 401k plan with company matching contributions
- Wellness benefits and LifeMart employee discount program
HEPACO is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
HEPACO participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. / HEPACO participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.
Hepaco IncBirmingham, AL
Energy and EnvironmentView All Hepaco Inc Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.