Heavy Equipment Operator (Excavator or Bulldozer)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HEPACO's National Remediation Services Division is looking for Heavy Equipment Operators with 5+ years of experience to join our team. Operators will work on a variety of remediation projects such as removal of contaminated soil, landfill capping, wetland and stream restoration, and UST removal. This position could require pushing, compacting, grading, loading or hauling waste or soil. Work may be performed alone or with a team of other heavy equipment operators.
Frequent travel is required and projects often last up to several months at a time, with paid travel home at least once every 3 weeks. Per diem and hotel accommodations are provided.
The following duties are representative of those that Heavy Equipment Operators may be expected to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Prioritize safety for themselves, coworkers, and all individuals on the job site
- Pushing, compacting, grading, loading or hauling of waste and soil
- Follow site grading and operations plans, read grade stakes and operate in a medium to fine grade environment
- Operate equipment including but not limited to, Excavators, Bulldozers, Loaders, and Backhoes for up to 12+ hours per day
- Work independently or with other Heavy Equipment Operators
- Quickly and professionally adapt to shifting priorities, client requests, and business needs
- Due to federal safety regulations, candidates must be at least 21 years of age
- Receive and maintain OSHA 40HR HAZWOPER (prior to or upon hiring)
- Must pass a pre-employment and annual physicals as required under our
- Medical Surveillance Program, including but not limited to a DOT Physical
- Successfully pass a pre-employment background check, drug and alcohol screen, and driving record check
- Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and kneeling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds or more with assistance
- 5+ years of related experience preferred (trenching, finish grade, digging around utilities, etc.)
- Frequent travel, including extended out of town travel
- Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold, and humidity
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration
- Must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety standards, including the occasional use of a respirator
Be a part of the HEPACO Difference!
- Weekly pay, competitive PTO program and company-paid holidays
- Opportunity for overtime and emergency response premium pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurance options
- 401k plan with company matching contributions
- Wellness benefits and LifeMart employee discount program
HEPACO is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
HEPACO participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. / HEPACO participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.
ConstructionView all jobs at Hepaco Inc
Get fresh Excavator Heavy Equipment Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.