Production Planner - Liquid: 1st Shift
- Expired: September 30, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hentzen is a unique company in today's world. Since our inception in 1923, we have remained an independent, privately held company committed to being a leader in the development and manufacture of quality coatings through innovation, dedication and service to our customers and employees. This continual commitment has led to Hentzen's recognition as a technology leader and trusted partner to our customers in the aerospace, defense and industrial markets we serve. Through nearly 100 years of innovation experience, we have developed a unique ability to custom engineer advanced coatings designed to meet each of our customers' unique and challenging requirements. This innovation comes to life in our state-of-the-art facilities where our talented employees are challenged to develop coatings to solve these unique problems. If you want to join a technology leader, known for its innovation and dedication to its customers and employees, Hentzen can offer you a rewarding and challenging opportunity to learn and grow.
The Production Planner plans and prepares production schedules for the manufacture of Finished Goods and intermediates in the manufacturing plant.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Matches production demand, plant capacity capabilities and raw material availability to develop daily production schedules
- Review critical material report for raw material shortage and adjust production schedules accordingly. Work with purchasing to verify delivery dates.
- Monitor distress and expired material for re-work opportunity.
- Run production reports and monitor batches for cycle times
- Completes inventory part setup for new items to manufacture
- Investigate any yield discrepancies
- Participates in daily production meetings to review production schedule with affected departments
- Maintains safety stock and lot size parameters to optimize inventory levels of Finished Goods, which creates an accurate demand for production based on forecast and sales history.
- Develop and maintain a line of communications between sales and customer service.
- Establish agreed upon completion dates and production priorities.
- Utilize the Business Operating System to report operations completed, materials issued, and other related transactions.
- Participates in physical inventory activities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred education level: Associate's or two-year college degree or equivalent
- Preferred experience level: Three to five years of production planning experience or APICS certification preferred.
- Exemplify core values, i.e., Integrity, Loyalty, Passion, Commitment, and Respect
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook), ERP system and other office machinery
- Works well in a team environment and can work independently
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, stand and/or walk, use hands to finger, handle or touch objects or controls and move from place to place. The employee is regularly required to sit, balance, stoop, and occasionally reach above shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Personal Protection Equipment is required during various processes in the production facility. Safety shoes and safety glasses are required when performing certain functions. Please send resume with cover letter to:
Hentzen Coatings, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
6937 W. Mill Road
Milwaukee, WI 53218
APPLY ONLINE AT:
Hentzen Career Center
Women, minorities, Veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply
HENTZEN COATINGS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
All candidates are subject to post offer drug/alcohol screening, job related physicals, and
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Hentzen Coatings Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at Hentzen Coatings Inc