Lab Technician - Liquid Military R&D Summer Internship
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hentzen is a unique company in today’s world. Since our inception in 1923, we have remained an independent, privately held company committed to being a leader in the development and manufacture of quality coatings through innovation, dedication and service to our customers and employees. This continual commitment has led to Hentzen’ s recognition as a technology leader and trusted partner to our customers in the aerospace, defense, and industrial markets we serve. Through nearly 100 years of innovation experience, we have developed a unique ability to custom engineer advanced coatings designed to meet each of our customers’ unique and challenging requirements. This innovation comes to life in our state-of-the-art facilities where our talented employees are challenged to develop coatings to solve these unique problems. If you want to join a technology leader, known for its innovation and dedication to its customers and employees, Hentzen can offer you a rewarding and challenging opportunity to learn and grow.
LAB TECHNICIAN – LIQUID MILITARY R&D
1st Shift M-F (8am – 4:30pm)
The Lab Technician - Liquid Military R&D Intern performs small production and lab sample batch-making tasks in the production of industrial coatings products to meet customer specifications in accordance with established Hentzen Coatings health, safety, and environmental procedures under the direction of a chemist.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Gathers raw materials, assembles batches, shades, and performs QC testing.
• Evaluates batches for conformance to specifications.
• Adjusts properties of individual batches within formulation guidelines.
• Performs testing related to product performance.
• Prepares customer samples and panels.
• May be required to perform all aspects of liquid batches of 10 gallons or less, such as dispersion, letdown, color matching, quality control and filling.
• Maintains records of processes and results.
• Documents and records all actions taken in preparation of product.
• Records batch information in appropriate computer programs.
• Maintains standards for housekeeping and safety.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Education level required: High School Diploma and pursuing 4-year degree in Chemistry, Science, or related field.
• Preferred experience level: One to three years’ experience in a laboratory setting preferred and preferably in coatings
• Working knowledge of basic algebra, percentages, and a variety of measuring and testing equipment, such as Karl Fischer, scales, grind gauge, KU viscometer.
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook), ERP system and other office machinery
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent color vision
• Excellent math skills including metric to standard conversions
• Works well in a team environment
• Excellent team building and communications skills
Please send resume to:
Hentzen Coatings, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
6937 W. Mill Road
Milwaukee, WI 53218
APPLY ONLINE AT:
Hentzen Career Center
Women, minorities, Veterans, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply
HENTZEN COATINGS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
All candidates are subject to post offer drug/alcohol screening, job related physicals, and background checks.
M-F (8am - 4:30pm)
Hentzen Coatings, Inc
HealthcareView all jobs at Hentzen Coatings, Inc