Operations Manager: HIRING NOW
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Henry Industries Inc., is seeking an Operations Manager to join our Operations department in Kansas City, MO.
This position offers an opportunity to work in a challenging environment, a chance to continually enhance your skills, and the ability to grow with a progressive organization.
$45,000-$50,000 (based on experience) plus voluntary benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k
Henry Industries, Inc. is an industry front-runner and sets the standard for 3rd party logistics, warehousing and distribution. We combine the latest distribution, warehouse and logistic technology with professionals who understand the importance of accuracy and timeliness. We understand our clients and we understand business.
Job Duties (include, but are not limited to):
- Coordinating with independent contracts to ensure services are completed
- Performing customer service
- Data entry for customer billing
- Audit Independent Contractors Invoices
- On-Call support 24/7
- Traveling to different locations in the regional area to support company needs
- This position requires candidates with a flexible schedule and ability to adapt to change.
- Must be dependable and have proven record of attendance with previous employers
- Follow company policies, uphold professional standards, and performs all work in a manner respectful of others.
- Leads a safety-focused culture that encourages intervention and involvement and in an incident free environment.
- Maintain a clean, safe, efficient and effective work area
- Consults with management about plans, implements and administers preventive procedures to ensure smooth transitions within work areas
- Evaluates cost effectiveness through established programs, implements policies and procedures for departmental maintenance
- Trains and evaluates performance of department personnel
- Assists in hiring, terminations, and corrective action of department personnel
- Conducts management and staff meetings
- Responsible for facility management; typical responsibility to evaluate the physical, mechanical aspects of the facility
- Undertakes special projects as requested by CEO, President, VP of Operations, and Regional Director
- The ability to be a self-starter and utilize time management skills to reach client deadlines and demands
- Monitor routes and releases as required by customer(s)
- Monitors labor; evaluates scheduled and actual labor hours and costs
- Supports staffing, company drivers, warehouse personnel in general operating procedures to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency and safety of operations at HII
- Operate within the agreed budget (P&L) for assigned market(s)
- Active participation in continuous improvement and managerial workshops
- Ensure daily/weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines are accomplished
- Coordinate the collection of performance measurements consistent with customer contractual requirements
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships
- Perform other responsibilities as needed
This job description is designed to give an overall summary of the Operations Manager position. Duties and Responsibilities are not all inclusive.
- Experience in the logistics industry
- Must have strong computer skills
- Be able to work a flex schedule
- Team attitude/work well with others
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a DOT Medical Card certification
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum 3 years in Management
This position does not offer sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1-B status).
We are an equal opportunity employer with a competitive salary and benefit package. All offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test and criminal background check.
Henry Industries, Inc
AddressKansas City, MO
BusinessView all jobs at Henry Industries, Inc