We are looking a creative Graphic Designer with experience in both print and electronic media. The right candidate is very creative, isn't afraid to try things, works independently without direction, but can also take verbal and written direction. Someone who can take or create ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs. This position will support the launch of a retail brand into nation wide retailers and work with many national brands to launch new and exciting food products. The successful candidate should have an intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work, especially in the retail sector, to support our growing line of new products. We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal Graphic Designer will be able to hit the ground. Applicants with experience leading creative teams and designing with other professionals will be given prime consideration.
Please provide a link to your online portfolio or be able to provide work you have done in the past. Our primary focus is print materials, but any web design work is a plus.
- Reports to the Director of Product Development.
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, websites and other media, including infographics.
- Put together disparate elements of a design created by another professional, such as the icons, photographs and other components necessary for a website design.
- Communicate with printing firms to ensure product labels and boxes are printed exactly to specifications the first time and every time.
Desired Skills & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art Design, Marketing or related discipline.
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, specifically with mockups, web design and multimedia presentation.
- 4+ years in professional commercial design, preferably with a marketing or creative agency.
- Adaptive design eye and skill.
- Experience preparing images for print
- Experience reviewing proofs for printing
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients.
Ideal Education & Experience
- Familiarity with the Adobe CC platform and suite of apps.
- Experience designing label die-lines for packaging is preferred.
- Print media is the primary focus. While we have a full-stack web developer that handles all aspects of web design, a working knowledge of best web practices in regards to media is a plus.
Henry Broch Foods, founded in 1941, is one of the largest and most successful U.S.-based international food ingredient, processing and co-packing companies, sourcing quality natural ingredients from growers around the world. Our suppliers produce vegetables, fruits, herbs, spices and natural colors that have been concentrated, dehydrated, frozen, extracted or pasteurized.
Beyond that, we’re always on the hunt for new, innovative ways to bring value to our customers. We treat our customers’ needs as if they were our own, and work in partnership to move the food industry forward with new blending, formulating and packaging ideas that engage consumers and drive profits.
Our products are used for a wide range of applications, including: spice and seasoning blends, batters and breading, bakery blends, sauces, soups, salad dressings, flavors, extracts and colors, fruit juices, flavored beverages, jams and jellies, prepared meats, entrees, ethnic foods, pasta, rice and grains, pizza and snack foods.
Henry Broch Foods
Why Work Here?We are a global ingredients supplier, Co-Packer and Manufacturer of food ingredients. We focus on spices, snack foods, essential oils and bakery items. We are a fast growing company and we know that we are not able to meet our yearly objectives without employing good, dedicated, goal oriented and career driven individuals. Join an awesome group of individuals and help make our teams better! We maintain BRC A rated manufacturing facilities which service the top 100 food manufacturers and restaurant chains world wide.
We are growing and we hope that you will grow with us!